Traveled to Dr Wendell Perry - Miami, FL

This surgery/recovery has been tough!  My surgery...

This surgery/recovery has been tough!  My surgery lasted longer than it was supposed to be but Dr. Perry worked his magic!  I woke up and felt fine (with the exception of my butt being a little sore)....however once they tried to stand me up, I passed out....I was given a of fluids to drink and through my IV.  My blood pressure was a bit low.  I would try and sit all the way up, and pass out again.  I think I passed out about 5 times.  My friend went to get some soup for me and once I ate that and after about 7 bags of fluids and hours later, I was finally able to stand.  I stayed hydrated prior to my surgery....i was drinking around 7-8 bottles of water a day.

I saw Dr. Perry several times that night as he was checking on me.  The staff was very attentive ---Nadege was the best (THANK YOU)... the entire staff was great.  I have no complaints.  They def looked out for me.

Looking back, Im not sure how I slept, went to the bathroom, etc post surgery.  It was not easy.  I went through several bags of chux.  My friend took care of me for my entire stay.  My surgery was originally scheduled for the 5th so I got into Florida on the 3rd.  However, due to family emergency at Dr Perry's office, I was rescheduled for the 7th.  I headed home to NC on the 14th.  I had a lot of drainage after surgery....A LOT!  I literally slept in blood the first couple of nights.  The bed was covered in a shower curtain, and then lined with chux.

Ill be at 3 weeks post op on this Friday the 28th.  I still have swelling and sore in places.  Lipo was done on my arms, abdomen, flanks, back, inner/outer thighs and the inside of my knees.  I am very stiff still and have hard spots from the lipo.   I have started to sit because I have to sit at my job....its not comfy but its getting better.  I do use a rolled up towel under my thighs to alleviate the pressure.

Most of my bruising is gone....it actually went away fast...and i bruise easily!

Having said all of this, I am happy with my results!  I was naturally curvy prior to the surgery but now my curves really "POP"..... However, I would not do this again...at all!  I have a high pain tolerance....I broke my foot at the beginning of a full marathon (26.2 miles) and finished it on a broken foot.  Ive had my ribs broken in the police academy and finished a fight with the broken ribs and then had to complete a state PT test...I've also recently had 2 too surgeries and couldn't walk.  I can push through pain but this was a different kind of pain....   Dr Perry and his staff are one of a kind... love them and they are like family to me!

1 month post op

Getting better daily. Still having discomfort and stiffness. Slow process ...also still experiencing swelling. Only a month post op do its all expected. Can't wait to see myself in a few months!

March 18, 2016 update

The pain and anything associated with the procedure is long gone. Here are a few updated photos with clothes on. I'll try and post more later... FYI, I have dropped close to 25-30 lbs since surgery in August 2015. But don't think I lost anything in the back! Dr Perry is the man!

additional photos

Update

Im about 2 1/2 weeks shy of my one year mark. I've lost more weight. Probably a total of 40-45 lbs since surgery. I still have no regrets and am thankful for Dr. Perry
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Excellent doctor... Very personable.... Caring and will talk to you as long as you need