28 Days Left!!:)

Scheduled for sx 12/05/2016 with Dr. Hasan at Eres...

Scheduled for sx 12/05/2016 with Dr. Hasan at Eres.

I'll be staying at Dolls Recovery Getaway Miami and I have massages booked through Medical Massage Professionals.

I've benefited so much from reading all the experiences that were shared on realself and ig, so it's only right that I give back in the same way.

I'll be documenting my entire experience. Hope this helps:)

ig: melyhasandoll

Labs

I got my labs done yesterday. I dont have insurance, so it cost me $220 at lab corp. My coordinator told me they would be included in the price if i got them done at eres, but im getting to florida the day before my procedure, so i wouldn't have time. 22 days out:)

Cleared for sx

As of yesterday:) 18 days to go.

My hemo was 12.6.

I scheduled an appt for a massage the day before sx at the recovery house I'm staying at. I've read that it helps with recovery.

i pretty much have everything that I need, I just need the time to go by faster. Feels like it's taking FOREVER

Hasanified

New ig name:
415hasandoll

Had my sx on 12/05. Everything went perfect, thank God.

Staying at dolls recovery getaway was the best decision.

2 days post op, and i'm exhausted, so i'll update thoroughly once i start feeling like myself again.

Hasanified

So, I had my sx 1 month ago today.

The actual surgery went well. I was super nervous the day of. Dr. Hasan seemed really confident, but I did feel rushed.

He came into the room. Marked me up. Told me I was a big girl and I would probably need a tummy tuck, but I explained to him that I wanted to wait until after I had children to do that. He told me he wasn't sure how well my stomach would retract.
Waking up from surgery was so disorienting. I was FREEZING. I woke up on my back which I thought was weird. My sister had flown in, so it was such a relief to see a familiar face when I woke up.
The driver from the rh picked us up and we went straight to walgreens to pick up my prescriptions.
When I got to the recovery house, I took my meds and went right to sleep.

That evening I felt so uncomfortable. I felt burning lava moving all through my stomach and back everytime i moved. I made sure to get up and walk around every hour and I drank TONS of water and pineapple juice, but my appetite was off.

I stayed in Miami 11 days, which was more than necessary. I feel like I could have gone home in 5 days.

Dr. Hasan doesn't use drains, so I was leaking fluid constantly. I was always wet no matter how many times I changed the pads.

I had my first bowel movement on day 4 post op. It was excruciating, I was so constipated. Stool softeners did nothing for me. I had to take miralax.

I had a 6 hour flight back home, so I purchased a row of seats which was amazing. I laid on my stomach the whole way.

On my second day back, I noticed My lower left side was filling with fluid. The next morning it was HUGE- like, the size of a grapefruit and I noticed my lower right abdomen was also starting to swell. I went to urgent care and they sent me to radiology to get an ultrasound. They wanted me to lie down to do the ultrasound which I really didn't want to do bc I was afraid of ruining my bbl results, but they were not having it, funny thing is, when I laid down, they couldn't see any fluid in my abdomen. So, I stood up and they saw two seromas. when they drained them, I drained a liter of fluid! The doctor couldn't believe how much fluid came out of me. I felt so relieved.

Unfortunately, both seromas filled up by the next day so I went back to urgent care, but this time the blood test showed a high white blood cell count which was indicative of an infection so they sent me to the er and admitted me into the hospital until their plastic surgery team could see me. They did a ct scan, but again, bc I was laying down, the fluid did not appear in my abdomen. I had to literally yell at them to let me do an ultrasound while standing. After seeing the amount of fluid, they decided to insert a drain for each seroma. I've had the drains in for almost 2 weeks and I'm still draining about 60 cc's on the left side, but the right side seems to be drying out. I have an appointment this week so we'll see how that goes. I'll post before and afters soon. If you have ig you can view my pics there- 415hasandoll
Miami Physician

Felt a little rushed, but I appreciated his honesty, and he REALLY snatched my waist.