38 Years Old, 2 Kids & a Much Needed Tummy Tuck - Miami, FL

I am scheduled for my tummy tuck with 2 areas of...

I am scheduled for my tummy tuck with 2 areas of lipo with Dr. Fisher at Vanity. I'm 5'4 195lbs and just can't seem to get this stomach down, the struggle with it is real lol. I am a RN but I am a nervous wreck because I have never had any type of surgery let alone anesthesia plus we are the worst patients so they say:) I picked Fisher because I love his work and I had a close friend use him a couple months ago. I will be staying with Moni because her reviews are great and I hear she's wonderful plus the prices at vanity are ridiculous. I did my lab work last week because I'm traveling from out of town so I'm waiting for the final go that everything is ok. I'm nervous & excited all at the same time because not to mention I'm having this done on my birthday. Could anyone give any tips or advice to calm my nerves lol also what should I pack because I have nothing packed and I'm a couple weeks away. I'm trying to post pics but for some reason I can't get them to upload so I'll try again here shortly. Thanks in advance for any help & I'll keep you posted!

Before Pics

Emotional roller coaster

As the time nears I keep having all kinds of mixed emotions. Should I? Is it worth It? Ami making the right decision? I'm just all over the place right now...help!!!

Surgery Garment

So today I received a call from my coordinator Jessica & she asked me if I wanted to buy a surgical garment for $120. I told her I thought it was included in the price because that is what she told me when I booked. She is now saying its only included if you pay in full at the beginning, that is not what she told me. What's a good garment my RS dolls?

So I landed in Miami today. The aide at newbodyrecovery picked me up from the airport and we headed to vanity. I signed a lot of papers and got to meet Dr. Fisher, very nice doctor. He actually kinda put me at ease because I was a nervous wreck. He gave me my prescriptions so I can get my meds ahead of time and I'm scheduled as his 1st pt tomorrow, have to be at vanity at 6am. Newbodyrecovery ladies are very nice, the house is big & nice & the ladies are taking me out tonight for dinner because tomorrow is my birthday, how sweet. Well ladies, I will keep you updated & post pics soon!

Post surgery

So ladies, I had surgery early this morning...woke up in recovery freezing, vomited a couple time but they say it was the anesthesia. The pain afterwards was way worst than i thought..I'm at the recovery house resting & the nurse gave me my pain med so I'm a whole lot better. I feel really tight. If u don't have a recovery house I tell you Moni is the boom.com lol. Anyhow I'll post pics later!

Post op pic

Not the best but here's one, I'll post more later

Post Op Day 5

I'm feeling a lot better, had a bm this morning, thank goodness for stool softeners lol..still swollen, more on the left than right...headed to the doc to get drains removed, these things are so irritating uugghh! I leave to fly home tomorrow yayy!!

1 week post op

So its exactly 1wk today. I have to say I feel a whole lot better, getting around much better, not completely standing straight but if I walk a lot I can see how I'm moving upwards. I'm very satisfied thus far just can't wait til the swelling goes down. My menstrual came today so with the bloating and all, I'm so tight! I haven't taken more pics but I will soon. Thanks for all the well wishes & support thru my journey!

10 dpo

Everything seems to be going well. Yesterday I wanted to get out the house because I got tire of laying around so I drove to chick fil-a, boy you never know how much you use your stomach muscles til you have some type of abdominal surgery I see. Then I drove to my moms which my family is really close so they had me over doing a lot of laughing that I thought I was gonna pop but I was good. I wore my abd binder all day so when I got home I took it off & the swelling seem to had gone down a bit. I was exhausted after that little outting because I went straight to sleep. I am not taking pain meds anymore & haven't for a few days now. Im standing up a lot more almost straight and my incision is starting to itch but they told me to let the steri strips fall off on there own because I want to take them off but I will listen:) ...I plan to go to Walmart today so I can get some walking in because my PS told me to make sure I walk walk walk plus I go back to work 1/28 & I want to be ready!!!

2 week post op

So today marks 2 weeks post op for me. I'm still moving around slowly but better day by day. Last night I was freaked out tho because I had a little drainage from a spot on my incision with a horrible smell. I cleaned it applied neosporin and put gauze on it. I don't have any pain or fever so I hope its not infection but I'm going to call the office this morning. Otherwise I feel everything is going fairly well. Im not standing completely straight but about 90%. I know I haven't posted pics but I will soon!

4wks postop

Tomorrow will be exactly 4wks since my TT with Lipo. I have no regrets at all. It has been a process thru the healing but overall I feel as though I'm healing well. My incision is thin & ive been massaging it daily with Bio Oil & cocoa butter oil. Once i feel as though my incision has completely healed because I had a small area that was draining, I will start using the silicone strips. Swell hell is still there and still more on my left than right. I still get the tight feeling throughout the day as well. I have gone back to work but not as much walking & standing, I'm working in case management right now which is really good. Thank you all for your support and well wishes to the upcoming surgeries. My pics are not the best but here goes!
Miami Plastic Surgeon

I'm so glad I choose Fisher. He is an honest & absolute wonderful down to earth doctor!