26 Year Old Mummy of 1 Finally Getting my Breast Augmentation!! - Miami, FL

So I've been trying to get my breast augmentation...

So I've been trying to get my breast augmentation for years now! It is finally becoming a reality. I scheduled my consultation with Dr. Mel Ortega. I live in Chicago and my plan is to fly in on April 24th for my consultation and if all goes well at the consultation, I would like to have my surgery 2-4 weeks after depending on how soon I get a surgery date!! I am already very nervous but so far I've heard nothing but great things about Dr. Ortega and from what I've seen, I love his work!!

Just a few questions for those who have previously experienced him. I'm planning on 450cc silicone under muscle.... going in under the armpit. (Yes I already know what I want :))

**His fee of $3,000 what does it include? Just his fee? Or does it include the implants, anesthesia, medication etc???

**How much of a deposit will I be required to put down in order to schedule my surgery?

**How long will I have to stay in Miami before I can fly back to Chicago???

PLEASE HELPPPPPP :)

Nervous Wreck!!

So I finally scheduled my surgery with Dr Ortega today. I'm scheduled on May 13th and my deposit was $300. I'm already feeling very nervous!! I'll be flying to Miami on the 12th and hoping to stay for a week depending on what type of deal I can find! So many of you on this site has made this so much easier and I'm so happy I came across this awesome website!! :) Now it's time to start shopping for my post op recovery! Anyone has a list to share? All are welcome!!

Looking for somewhere to stay in Miami

Hello Ladies.... So I booked a flight for myself and my cousin to go to Miami for my surgery!! Now I'm trying to find someplace cheap to stay!! I'll be there for 7 nights and so far the hotel prices are scaring me!! Did anyone stumble upon any good deals??? PLEASE SHARE!!!! I'm getting worried!!!

This is what 450cc would look like on me!

So This is what I'd look like with 450cc moderate-plus profile!! I love it and I can't wait!! What do you guys think? Should I go a bit smaller??

Has anyone had an actual consutation with Dr Ortega?

What are the consultations like with Dr. Ortega? What should I expect? Will I feel rushed? Will I try on different sizes or even better, does he have the 3D Imaging?? Just curious.....

Wish Pics!!

I'm in love!!

Countdown!! New Boobies in 29 Days!!

I'm Back with another update! I've decided on 500cc silicone unders. However, I cannot decide on the profile, high or mod +... I'm so excited and can hardly sleep at night! I'm going to Miami in one week for my consultation with Dr Ortega and I'll try to decide then on the profile! I decided to upload a few pictures of my current boobs! One is slightly bigger than the other and my nips are a bit off as well! I'm hoping I won't need a lift because I had a kid and my boobs were sooo huge while breastfeeding. Unfortunately they didn't hang around for too long haha!! I'm Scheduled for my bloodwork on Tuesday. I'm hoping everything will go smoothly. Also, I'm 5'10 and 130lbs. Very thin but I'm hoping that my tall frame will not make my new boobies look incredibly huge!

Pics ????????

Had my consultation with Dr Ortega today!

Hi everyone! I just wanna give a quick update. So I had my consultation with Dr Ortega today. Besides the long wait it was a very good consultation. There were just about 4 other people in the office today so not too busy. It was confusing finding the entrance but once I got in I felt good. Everyone were so nice and welcoming. Dr Ortega and I drc on 425cc in one breast and 450cc In the other breast. While waiting for him I found some 400 cc implants in the office and decided to try them out. Omg I'm in love very excited and cannot wait to do this!! I've added some pics ;)

I moved my surgery date to May 12th

I decided to have my surgery a day earlier :) so may 12th it is!!!

2 weeks away! Let the packing begin!

Picked up a few items today. Will go to Walmart to go sports bra shopping!! Did I men how excited I am?? Also got all my prescriptions filled for free!!! They were covered by my insurance!

Sports Bras

A few sports bras I pic up at Walmart tonight! :) Im ready!! 12 more days!

Major Change of Plans!

Hey ladies, so I was scheduled for this Wednesday with Dr Ortega but unfortunately, I decided to cancel!! I was just turned off by the recent bad reviews that I have been reading about him. I was really looking forward to this but I have to go with my gut instinct. It is going to be more than double the price but I'm going to have my surgery done here in my hometown instead. I have a great surgeon and now I have a peace of mind :) Will update with my new surgery date in a few......xoxo

Looking Forward to my Breast Augmentation!

I had my initial consultation with Dr Geldner a few months ago and I am now ready to set a date! He is a really nice person and made me feel so comfortable! I know without a doubt that he will exceed my expectations!! I will be putting down my down payment in a few days and then I'll have my scheduled date! I'm hoping for 500cc silicone implants but at my initial consultation Dr Geldner said the largest he can go is 450cc.... We'll make a final decision at my pre-op appointment!!

Paid in full!!

I've finally booked and paid for my surgery in full!! Date set for May 5th, flight and hotel already booked!! Let the countdown begin!!! I'm going with Dr Ortega at spectrum aesthetics!!!

Counting Down the Days!!

Hi everyone,

I made an initial review and sorta went back and forth between which Doctor I should go with. After deliberating long and hard I decided to go with Dr Mel Ortega at spectrum aesthetics in Miami!!! I've already paid for my procedure in full and bought my flights!! So this is really happening! I'm still unsure of what size I want, I'll decide along with dr Ortega when I see him! I have my pre op appointment this Friday!! One question, I'll be need a recovery house!! How much do they usually run?! Any recovery homes suggestions ladies??? Please help!!! Also, if you've been to dr Ortega for a BA please feel free to share your experience as I'm extremely nervous!!!

Angie's Recovery House

Does any have any info for Angie's recovery house? Or any good recovery homes in the Miami area?? Please help!!!

One week away!

Omg I'm getting so nervous!!! My surgery is exactly one week from today!!! Still undecided about the size I'm going for!!

Today is the day!!!

I'm getting ready to go to the surgery center but I am soooooo nervous!!! Omg am I really doing this???

On the other side!!

Today went well. I was told to arrive at 6 AM and thankfully I was out by 9:30 AM. Everyone at spectrum were so nice!! Dr Ortega was amazing. I got silicone 375 and 400 cc. I'm in a lot of pain because I don't have my medication yet. Haven't really seen them yet either.

Pics

I feel like they're so small. Having boob greed already

Feeling down

I'm so upset with myself. Prior to getting my BA, everyone told me to go big or go home. I decided at the last minute not to go too big because of my job. Now I'm only 3 days out and I already have boob greed. I wish I would've gone bigger. My doctor did an amazing job!!!! However, I think they're too small :( I'm worried that when the swelling goes down there will hardly be anything left ????????

Before and after

Pre op and post op day 5.... Huge difference!!

Loving the new me!!

Just another pic...

Two week Post

Hi Ladies, I'm here with a two week update!! Yes my girls are two weeks old today!! So far my recovery has been very smooth!! Still waking up every morning with morning boobs though!! I still need some assistance getting out of bed each morning but they now feel like they're a part of me!! I'm still wearing my surgical tape over my incisions. I haven't even seen my scars yet!!! I don't know if I'm supposed to just let them fall off on their own or take them off myself.

Right boob issues.

Does anyone know how long the pain is supposed to last?? Yesterday my right boob was hurting so bad that I had to take a Percocet. Should I be concerned as I'm over 2 weeks post op??

1 month review

Hi Ladies, so my girls made a month today!!! The more time goes by the better they get! I had sharp nerve pains that were really bad until last week. Now the only issue I have is getting up out of bed they feel hard but they're so soft. It's kinda like morning boob still. Like I said besides that they're good! I kinda feel like they're still kinda high and the right is healing way slower than the left!!

32DD

I'm a week away from being 2 months post op, went to Victoria's Secret today to get sized... Turns out I'm a 32DD. Bought one bra, didn't wanna go crazy because I feel like they're getting bigger!! Amazing!!!
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Great doctor!! Just wish he was better with follow ups!!