BBL - Dr. Chris Balgobin *Dr.BBL...trained by Dr. Miami* - March 22

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hi ladies. I've must say, I am amongst the...

Hi ladies. I've must say, I am amongst the thousands of ladies who have grown addicted to RealSelf reading reviews, opinions, suggestions, looking at pre/post op photos and recovery experiences. BBL has peeked my interest for about 5 years. I would google and read tons of feedback on different surgeons, their techniques and any troublesome issues that arose along the way. I finally decided (within the last 4 months) to go ahead and get the ball rolling. Currently I'm researching doctors to try and narrow down my selection. I was able to dwindle down to three doctors: Dr. Hasan who seems to be the surgeon of interest when it comes to BBL's, Dr Omupelu who's experience and credentials are impressive and Dr. Miami who's reputation, company, and demands on service has exploded within the last two years. I've had a consultation with all three so I at least have that much accomplished. Lol. Now time to make a decision and work on securing a date and financing.

Tentative Sx Date

Okay ladies, I've decided to go with Dr. Omupelu. I choose him because of his experience, his work on previous patients and the interaction with Spectrum. I am taking advantage of the cash special so my total price is 4,000 for the BBL and my deposit is only 300.00. My tentative date is January 11. I'm ready to get the toughest part out of the way. I still can't believe I'm actually seeing this thru. If you guys can only see my face. Once I lock in my sx date I will choose a recovery house (which I'm still researching on) and start ordering my supplies. I'm 2 months away. Oh yea. I will upload tons of photos before and after along with my wish pics.

*****Recovery House Suggestion***** i need recommendations :-(

Hey ladies, Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for recovery houses in the Miami, FL area? I am still undecided. What all would or should be included in these packages (so i can know what to look for)? Did you have to add additional massages and pay extra for a nurses or will there be a nurse or assistant on staff to help you during your recovery process?

Its Official

Well, Its official. I paid my deposit, locked in my date of 1/11/2016 with Dr. Omupelu. Miami here i come :-). I also decided to go with Elite Nursing Recovery House. i spoke with Mary and she was very informative and she gave me a sense of security and relaxation. I'm confident i will be i good hands. With only two months left before my sx date, i have to get on it. Now time to get my supplies together. Did any of you girls purchase a additional garment before you arrived for surgery.

Before Pics

Sorry pics are coming soon (i keep getting side tracked) :-(

Also, i am 5'4..165lbs

Photos :-)

Here's a few before photos....

Undecided... :-(

Hi ladies, even though I have everything (sx date, flight, recovery house) scheduled and lined up for Dr. Omulepu, after reading so many review and doing some actual research on the current issue regarding his license I don’t feel comfortable allowing him to perform sx on me. I’m thinking about changing to Dr. BBL (Balgobin). He is board certified, his staff is amazing, the follow-up is immaculate and he does his own consultations and call backs not a consultant or coordinator. I love the personal interaction and his actual feedback via our phone convo for my consultation. His cost is more than Dr. Osak but the peace of mind is worth is. I’m close to 5 weeks away from my sx date and it will be a hassle to cancel and rebook things with a different doctor but I think my comfort with Dr. BBL and peace of mind supersede the low price and convenience of Dr. O. Have any of you ladies heard anything about Dr. Balgobin in Minnesota? If so, do you know of any recovery houses in that area?

Changed to Dr. Chris Balgobin *Dr.BBL*

Hey ladies,

I followed my gut and changed to Dr. BBL (follow him on Instagram). He's located in Minnesota and his price is more than double that of Dr. Omeouplu but my sense of security is worth it. It was a headache making last minute flight changes and hotel cancellations and reservations. Dr. BBL contracts with Mary at Elite Nursing because there as no Recovery home in MN like there is in FL. I decided to book a hotel and fly my mom with me to help me after my procedure. His practice is Arijai Aesthetics and Wellness.

2 days away..

Crunch time. Time to pack and do a quick run thru on my supplies. I didn't by a BBL pillow because DR. Balgobin supplies that along with the faja, arnica, scar gel, and post recovery absorbent pads. I am thinking about buying a Bobby pillow. I will see.

Liner

Instead of buying a shower liner to cover the bed (from leakage while laying) I will use a waterproof mattress protector (I read in someone else's blog). I already had this sitting in the closet so it was perfect. It is more expensive then a shower liner (a liner u can grab for less than 5.00 at Wally World or for 1.00 at the Dollar Tree). I think I'm going to bring a set of my own sheets so I won't mess the sheets up that's in the hotel.

3 days post op

Today is less intense than day 1. Speaking of pain, i never felt so much pain and soreness in my little body in my life. I thought I was close to death door. I cant believe i actually went thru with the surgery. I am complete happy with my projections. I haven't seen my silhouette yet. My first appt is Friday and I also have my first lymph massage scheduled on that day too. I had a little drainage but not much. My experience in the office was amazing. Dr. B met me at the front desk, introduced hisself and looked thru my file to make sure my consent forms were signed. Afterwards the nurse walked me back to the room. There they had my recovery bag with a cute purple flower and my name sitting on the bed. Awww. The nurse handed me a gown and a pair of disposable panties to change into. Next the anesthesiologist came in and started my IV. About 5 mins later, in comes Dr. B with his charm and bright smile. He is so down to earth and easy to talk to. His focus was on me. He took before photos, asked for my wish pics, asked in detail what I want and don't want. Next he started marking everywhere then we moved to the operating room.

Continue from 3 days post opp

5 hours later the nurse is waking me up and feeding me Gatorade and crackers. It felt like l blinked and it was all over. Of course the snow was falling pretty thick so I'm glad I brought my rider boots. I laid across the back seat and we headed to the RX to grab my prescriptions. My preparation came in handy. Before I left the hotel I put my mattress protector on and lined the center of the bed with chux pads. My mom was a hug help. The attention to detail and the care she's providing is far beyond what a a stranger would give you. I'm really glad I decided to bring her along to help. Because we knew the snow was coming, we picked up snacks, soup and crackers before the snow storm to be prepared for the days afterward.

Few photos