Getting my Smile Back

I am 58 years young and have had a lot of dental...

I am 58 years young and have had a lot of dental work done over the years. This has resulted in front teeth crossing, bite not even on sides and overbite. I figure I have a good twenty five years ahead of me and I would like my smile back. Not sure I understood the commitment, never having braces before. Learning a lot from all of you. First week of tray one and really missing my coffee, good for at least three cups a day and now down to one. Mouth is very dry, can't be without water bottle. Trying to figure best way to clean trays. I am wearing each for two weeks and surprised at how much talk there is about this. Daily, weekly, twice a week, no denture cleaner, hydrogen peroxide, mouthwash. Some comments worry me if I have done the right thing. Many seem discouraged. Glad to found this sight and looking ford to taking this journey with you.

Day one, here we go

End of week one

Wow. That was the longest week ever. I was able to maintain the 20-22 hours. Like the feeling of the invisalign in better than out. Teeth feel super sensitive and hurt with trays out. Tough getting top tray out. Tips I adopted from you all, got an Outie to help remove trays, did get Brite to soak trays to remove bacteria, lots of water to keep mouth from drying out. Really enjoy my coffee when they are out, got more chewies. No one noticed when I was wearing them. Seems to take longer than people realized it would, but I am in for the whole ride. Four days to tray two!

Tray three with attachments Ouch

Hello all, got my attachments this morning. Inside upper lip very raw already from sharp attachment. Reading recommendations to file the tray down. What do people use to file tray? This was my first visit since I got trays six weeks ago. Thought the staff would ask how I was doing, if I had any questions or concerns, how long I am wearing trays etc. I was prepared for this discussion, nope.... In the chair, process of attachments started and complete, given next ten trays, see you in twelve weeks. Really? OK then. Glad I have this website to find answers to my questions.

Invisalign irritating lips

My lips begin peeling as soon as I put my invisalign trays in. I am drinking lots of water but can not stop irritation. Any suggestions?

Swollen, itchy, peeling lips

Just finishing tray six. Having a very bad time with my lips itching, peeling, burning while my trays are in. Had to stop wearing them for a few days. I am seeing a couple of other postings of people having same problem, but no follow up on how this was treated. I did private message them but no response. My dentist says she has never had anyone with an allergic reaction to invisalign. I did see a mention of hypoallergenic invisalign trays. Can anyone share an experience like this? Would like to have some info before I see dentist in two days. Thanks
Dr Klein

Very enthusiastic in the beginning. Great resume and good reviews. Did not ask any questions about my progress on subsequent visits.