53 Y.o. for Breast Lift/reduction with Lipo Fat Transfer to Breast - Metairie, LA

My 40DD's have long made me self-conscious about...

My 40DD's have long made me self-conscious about myself. I've watched my friends shop for and wear cute little tops and sundresses that I could never dream of wearing. I always have to buy clothes larger than I really need in order to fit the breasts in and not be too tight across the chest -- not good for a girl's self-esteem. I wear clothes that are overly conservative just to hide how large my breasts are. My husband (a boob man) has surprised me with his willingness to back me up and support my decision to have this surgery done. I met with another doctor in this area, who I almost went with for this procedure, but Dr. Jules Walters had more to offer me with improvement ideas. Though the other doctor was a female, something about Dr. Walters just felt right. His plan of action addressed more "problem areas" than the other doctor. I have paid for the surgery, completed all my pre-ops, filled the prescriptions and now just wait for next week to come. Thankfully, Dr. Walters prescribed an anti-anxiety pill for me for a couple of days leading up to the surgery because I know I will be on edge right before. I've had a huge range of emotions since scheduling the surgery ---- I go from an excited high about my new anticipated look, to a terrified low of "am I doing the right thing? am I being too vain? should I just save the money and be happy with what I have?" I don't work, so I have tried to keep myself busy with working out, cleaning the house (even painted my kitchen today). Next week I will stock up on food and pre-cooked meals. I want everything to be in order so when I come home from the surgery, I can focus on my recovery. I am nervous about the lipo/fat transfer since this will prolong my recovery. Has anyone else out there had a lift/reduction with fat transfer? Dr. Walters said it will help fill out the upper part of my breast and cleavage to make them fuller not just lifted. Look forward to sharing all my recovery with this community. Glad this place exists to ask other women questions who have been through similar procedures.

Three more days to go......

If I was a nail biter, I would be down to nubs by now! I can't stop second guessing myself. I go from peaceful and comfortable with my decision to do this, to nervous and scared. Today, I almost felt panicked. Is this normal?? I've researched everything possible about the BR/BL and the doctor I have chosen. I've followed several women on here who are on the road to recovery so that I am familiar with all surprises that might pop up. At this point the only thing that will calm my nerves is a crystal ball to fast forward post-op. I guess this is normal, but its killing me.

Its today is the day!!

Got my IV in and ready to be marked up. Nurses have been deliteful...im feeling calm since i took one half Lorazepam before leaving the house. See you on the other side ladies...perky and firm!!!

Home and Resting

Well, its done and I must say it was smoother than I thought it would be. Don't even remember being rolled into the operating room. Was pretty sick from the anesthesia, but that has been the only problem I have had. Pain has been manageable since I've been taking the pills timely as suggested by others on this site. Been very tired, but overall I really done have any complaints. It hurts o get out of bed, but once I am up, everything is fine. Saw the doctor this morning and he says everything looks good. I didn't have the stomach to look at my new girls. Tomorrow is my first bath and I can't wait. The garments get pretty yucky from the lipo, but the garment will wash in the shower. I'm sure getting cleaned up will make me feel even better.

Not having a good day.... : (

Yesterday's post-op appointment was to remove my drains. Startled me rather than hurt to remove them. I get by with only naps (sometimes 1 hour to 3 hours). Today I am emotional. I've cried on and off for the last 3 hours. I don't like seeing myself I the mirror and cringe when my husband looks at my unbandaged breasts. I can't even bring myself to post pictures because I don't want any of you to see me so banged up. Dr. says I am healing well, but I don't see it. I'm sorry friends, I thought I could do this updating process, but I can't.

Finally ready to post pics

9 weeks post-op and feeling soooo much better!

Feeling much better and pretty much back to normal. Was released from all restrictions last week. Still wearing simple bras with no wires. I don't see a reason to wear anything other than a soft stretchable bra for comfort since the girls are perky all on their own now. I was even able to do yard work today and yesterday with no pain, discomfort or swelling. My little problem area is closing up slowly but surely. The scars are very light and healing well. Its been a loooong recovery and many times I regretted what I had done. Though I AM happier with these smaller, perkier pair, the emotional toll this journey has taken on me will not soon be forgotten. I can only hope that my experience with this procedure can help another woman out there get through it with compassion and a little bit of understanding. This site has been a blessing. Don't know how I would have done it without the support and camaraderie I have found to be plentiful on here.

Updated Before and After Pictures

One more for comparison

Feeling fantastic!

Last endomology treatment was today! Glad that is over cause it just means one more step to being completed healed. The ridges from the back flank lipo have smoothed out. My "problem area" has completely healed -- just working on the little scar now with scar gel. I'm feeling back to my old self and have returned to the gym, the garden/lawn and all other activities. Never in my life have I felt comfortable being shirtless, but I'm a bit of an exhibitionist now (at least at home and only for my hubby! hehehe!!) I could not have made it through this entire process without this forum! Thank you to each and every one of you women who supported me and gave encouragement at all times! Hope I can return the favor to any other lady seeking support. CHEERS!!!

Problem area almost gone....

Collage of healing pictures

Update photos - Four months post-op

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Walters is soft spoken and detailed with his plan and explanations. He is compassionate about how childbirth, breastfeeding and age can affect the structure of the breast and what that can do to a woman's psyche. I felt understood, that he wanted me to feel better about my looks and he was going to do what he could to make that happen. He never made me feel like just another patient. Now that I am 6 weeks post-op, I can say that I am completely happy that I chose Dr. Walters. He was always there for my calls or returned them very quickly. Thoroughly explained anything I questioned and put me at ease.