My Experience - Mesa, AZ

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am very unsatisfied with the outcome of it all....

I am very unsatisfied with the outcome of it all. I had a septoplastic surgery on my nose. I first researched on how good of a surgeon dr Hobgood was. And I was convinced he would be able to fix my nasal problems. I told dr Hobgood I have trouble breathing, always stuffy and sometimes couldn't sleep because of how clogged it gets. I also told him my nose is crooked from previous accidents and it had been broken before. With that said, he said he would fix the problem and assured me that it would be straight. I waited patiently for a year for my nose to get better, and it got way worse. My nose is extremely crooked, I can't breathe and I choke at night because of how much more crooked it is. I went to see him again and told him my concerns and he denied them all and told me I was ok. I had been to the doctor before we met and he said I had an extreme case of a deviated septum. I walked out crying, he did not want to fix what he had done! This is not only affecting my breathing, but also my appearance! Dr Hobgood is by far the worse doctor I've ever encountered.

Apologizing for my review

Hello everyone that gets to read this review I am doing an update of what I had already posted before. I went to see Dr Hobgood today after three and a half years of my last encounter with him I am doing this review because I now understand my nose and I now understand what can and cannot be done. I thought before the reason why my nose was more crooked was because it looked more crooked after the surgery but in reality because he had fixed the top part of my nose and The lower part of my nose was already crooked that they appearance of my nose looked worse when in reality it wasn't because of the surgery it was because he only worked on the top of my nose and he could only do so much with insurance covering my surgery. I have also figured out since then that my allergies is what causes the drainage to go into my lungs and what causes the drainage to go into my longs and make me choke at times. I am apologizing for that review I left he is not the worst doctor I have seen we just didn't know how to communicate before but now that I have seen him I feel much better and I know that only so much can be done with the way my nose is shaped and I was really happy to see him I Felt much better leaving because I know the feeling of having someone not being satisfied with what you do and I am terribly sorry that I accused Dr Hobgood for something he had not done he was truly trying to help me breathe better but in reality it's something deeper than just fixing the top part of my nose in reality I need to go and get allergy testing and also maybe later down the road fix the shape of my nose for now all I can do is contour one side more than the other and hope no one notices lol. I tried to delete my review but it looks like I can only edit it and this is the only way I can apologize for what I had said before.