47 Years Old, 6 Years Post Total Hysterectomy, No HRT. Merriam, KS

I started experiencing vaginal dryness last year...

I started experiencing vaginal dryness last year and didn't think much of it. My husband and I would just use more lubrication during sex. Well this year, sex became quite painful - even with lubrication. It felt like if you were to rub your forearm back and forth across carpeting until it begins to burn. Not a pleasant feeling! I researched alternative options since I am absolutely against taking any hormones. I had my first laser treatment last Friday. My husband and I waited 48 hours to have sex, and I have to say, it didn't burn like it did before! We still need to use lubrication, but it was hands down, BETTER. I have also noticed that I am feeling more moisture down there, too. I go for my second treatment in 5 more weeks, and I am feeling pretty good about it. I think this definitely works! Also, I have found that CARSON'S KEY-E vaginal suppositories are very moisturizing, should any of you be looking for something over the counter. You can get them at just about any drug store. I'm not using them currently, as I want to determine the effectiveness of my laser treatments. Also, I did try REFRESH, but I didn't find them as moisturizing.
Shawnee Mission Urogynecologist

Dr. Nosti is great. Good bedside manner. Very thorough.