My Rhinoplasty by Prof. David David - Adelaide, AU

So I found this website when I was trying to find...

So I found this website when I was trying to find out info on surgeons in Adelaide. I'm booked to have my operation on Monday October 13th, so I'm getting pretty nervous. I've only had one consult with Prof David but we seem to have the same understanding of what I want. Anything I should be prepared for etc? Pain? Swelling and bruises I know are a given.... anyone with info would be good.

one week to go!

Freaking out. Its only one weekaway now. Am excited tho. Updates soon

some before pics.

Thought I would put some before pics up. The end of my nose is quite large nostril wise and I have a bump. This has made me a very self conscious person over the years and back in the day I copped a lot from mean girls at school..... which has permanently stuck in my mind. Hoping Professor David will do a good job and shaping it for me. I know I'm in good hands but I'm so afraid. Thanks to this site, I have had a few lovely girls contact me. One who had Prof David as her surgeon and was very happy, and another who is on the other side of the world but is scheduled for her rhinoplasty on Monday 13th October too! .Never had surgery in my life. Only 6 sleeps!

This time tomorrow I will have a new nose!

So I think I am all ready for my surgery tomorrow morning. A bit emotional and scared but I cannot wait to see results. Will keep this updated.

Day of Rhinoplasty

Day of Rhinoplasty

I did a lot better than i thought i would! Was first up this morning so had no time to over thinking it. Only threw up once because of blood at back of throat. Was able to eat a sandwich tonight. Very slowly as I cant open mu mouth much. Been on a drip to keep hydrated but now drinking water on my own. Hate these needles! Had a few light nose bleeds and the nurse has come and used stuff to clear it up. Bad headache and bruising under my eyes has begun. Can already notice my tip and nostrils are smaller even though its swollen. Seriously no where near as bad I thought!!! Will be posting every few days. Watch this space ??

Day 2

Mmmm I feel like I have the flu. All blocked up, headachey and lethargic. My nostrils are sore and tip very swollen. Managed to eat some porridge for brekky. Just really tired. But other than that I'm ok! Going home to my own bed.

Day 3

OMG IM SO UNCOMFORTABLE. I feel like I have a terrible flu. Seriously! Pain isn't an issue. But holy crap I want to blow my nose so bad!!!!! 6 more days til the cast comes off. And I swear that'll be the best day of my life... uggghhh swelling has kicked in. Bruises not much worse.

Day 4

Im just very lethargic and achey. I think the cast and tape is hiding most of the bruising and swelling. My headache is terrible but I think (touch wood) that im abit better. Tip of my nose isn't as swollen I dont think!

Day 5

Yay! Feeling a lot better. My neck and back are super achey from having to sleep up right. And I have a headache and blocked ears and runny nose (that I'm not aloud to blow) feels like I'm recovering from a yucky flu. Phew! Counting down the days til I get this off now. Bruises and swelling are mainly under tape and cast. Tape is itchy. I went outside in the sun to have some brekky and fresh air! Ahhh getting there.

Day 6

Definitely on the mend. Only pain is the bad headache and an achey feeling around my nose. But each day seems to be getting better now. It was a hot day today so I think it felt more swollen because of that?! Only 3 days til cast comes off and I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Day 7

Its abit hard to tell what my profile will be but I think its better. Cast is pretty chunky. Nostrils are getting all peely and dry now. Want this cast off.

Day 8

Ahhhhh only a day and a half to go and this ridiculous uncomfortable itchy cast and tape will be removed! Cant wait to see my new nose. I'm a bit nervous but just want it off!! To anyone out there who has had their rhinoplasty... does getting the cast off hurt and/or do you experience much pain afterwards? And obviously it will swell but to what extent. ... will I look stupid and not be able to go out in public?! Ice will make it feel better? Any "after cast off" info will be great!! My nose is all peely...

Day 9

ITCHY ITCHY ITCHY. This tape is driving my bonkers. And my nostrils are peeling from the saline solution I am cleaning with. Accidently pulled out a stitch last night.... (thought it was some dried crap and nostril hair.... oops) but it didn't bleed and it looks ok. I googled it and it said because it's been a week it shouldn't matter. Phew!! Cast is being taken off tomorrow on day 10. Bring it on. I'm not getting TOO excited or thinking of what to expect it'll look like because I know it'll be swollen etc for a while. I'm just keen to get this crap off my face. Pics tomorrow of my new (but probably swollen) nose! ????

DAY 10... THE CAST IS OFF!!!!!

Holy crap. What an emotional day! Wowowowowowow. Everything (mainly the right side and tip/nostrils) is swollen and sore to touch. So glad to have that cast and tape off. I had a reaction to tape so I have some cream for that. My bruising isn't too bad. Mainly swelling and my headache is horrible. Im so happy with my result already and its yet to get smaller! Cannot wait.... very glad I did this. Will only make updates every few days with progress. Ignore my horrible skin tone and patchy-ness lol. I've attatched some bfor and afters! Big difference already

Day 13

So all is well. My tip Is still swollen and will be for a while I guess. Its annoying so I bought so bromelain because its supposed to reduce swelling. Its in pineapples too so I got lots of pineapples hahaha! Am much happier now tho. Im getting a spray tan today and going on a date night with my fiancé tonight so will be nice to get dressed up with my new nose! Here's some more before and afters :)

1 Week After Cast Removal

So things are looking good. I still feel super swollen at the tip and slightly on the bridge but people keep telling me that it looks great. I am very happy. Sometimes I feel super puffy.... other times its great but its still early days. No bruising left :) and my side profile with a ponytail is great now!

I think the swelling is going down abit!

It still feels achey sometimes and tender to touch but am happy with the results. I feel more confident with myself and would recommend my surgeon to anyone. Yay!

7 months post op

All is so well. Love love love my nose.
never regret the choice I made! got married on 11th April and the pictures I was once worried about, looked perfect. My profile looked perfect (and so did my new husband!) Have attatched some pics . To me its pretty much normal now. A bit twitchy here and there whilst nerves heel but its great. Thankyou Prof. David!
Australia Plastic Surgeon