Need a Lift - Victoria, AU

I am really nervous and apprehensive about having...

I am really nervous and apprehensive about having this procedure and I'm only days from having it. I'm also having some coral in the orbital rim. But it's too late to turn back now cause everything is paid for. My surgeon is Dr Bryan Mendelson in Melbourne. I'm staying in a motel for three weeks on my own and staying two nights, or maybe three in the hospital cause I don't have anyone to escort me from hospital. Has anyone gone through this procedure alone? Has anyone had any procedures with Dr Mendelson.

No hesitation.

Feeling much better after my consult with Dr Mendelsen today. He was very reassuring and he is very patient orientated as is his team. I even got a free copy of the book, In Your Face, from Jennifer the patient advisor. They are even organising a former patient to get in touch to offer support and just someone to talk to that already has been through the experience. How good is that.

8 days post op

It's been a week now after surgery.
Most of my stitches are removed and I've had a hairdresserwash my hair, the heal lights and ultrasounds to help with the swelling. I don't think there is any other surgeon that gives this type of treatment after surgery.
I find that rest and eating well are beneficial to good healing as Dr Mendelsen mentions in his Healing Notes. I'm not taking any pain killers or sleeping pills and haven't for several days cause I didn't need them.
I'm very happy with the result so far.

9 1/2 weeks Post Op.

All is going well. Stitches have healed well and there's a bit of puckering of the skin behind the ears but it's going away. The swelling has gone down a lot but still a bit of residual swelling and still numb in areas. This is expected and part of the healing journey. Overall happy with everything and have one more post op visit in 2 months.

4 months post op

Just thought I would give an update 4 months after procedure. The stitches have healed well. Still a bit of tightness and numbness. The coral in the cheekbones I'm not so sure cause it looks too prominent when I smile which makes my smile look A bit weird.

4 month pic