20 Year Old Tattoo Must Go! - Melbourne, AU

In my teens I got a tattoo on my ankle of a...

In my teens I got a tattoo on my ankle of a Pegasus, which I immediately regretted. I have been covering it for many years with makeup or wearing stockings and done such a great job that many people, including close friends don't know I have a tattoo. I finally got feed up covering it up and made a conscious decision to get rid off it!! So, I did my research, consulted with professionals and found that the PICOSURE laser is my best option.
On the 6 October 2016, I received the first treatment and as recommended I applied ELMA cream, a local anaesthetic cream which is meant to lessen the pain but the laser treatment was still extremely painful (maybe I have a low pain threshold).
Within a few minutes the area was red, sore/tender and my leg twitched spasmodically but other then that no major discomfort. The following day I went about my business as usual and to be honest had forgotten about it, until I got home later that evening. I discovered my foot was swollen (which is a side effect) and the area had blistered up but again no major discomfort. I'm very surprised that with just one treatment I can honestly see that the tattoo has faded and a small section of the tattoo has disappeared. How effective will it be? Well, only time will tell but for now, so far, so good and can't wait to see what it will look like in a few weeks.. I will keep you posted (fingers cross).
Dr David MacDonald