32yo Mom of One, TT W/Minor Lipo, MR, and Breast Aug - Melbourne, FL

I lost over 100lbs about 9 years ago. In 2007, I...

I lost over 100lbs about 9 years ago. In 2007, I had a reverse abdominoplasty where the surgeon cut me under my breasts from armpit to armpit. The reason for this was because I had a "roll" of skin above my belly button so he felt pulling the skin up would be the best bet. Wrong. You really could barely even tell I had anything done once I healed and it was basically a waste of money.

Fast forward to 8.11.16 when I had a regular TT (hip to hip), minor lipo on my sides by the end of the incision, muscle repair, and breast augmentation with 425cc under the muscle HP silicone implants. I'm absolutely amazed at how my stomach looks. The recovery was really only "painful" the first 3 days or so. I was off pain meds after 3 1/2 days. The breast aug is barely noticeable pain wise and the biggest annoyance with the TT was the drains and the tightness.

I had 3 drains. 2 were removed 6 days post op and the 3rd was removed on the 8th day. Most of my pain came from where those where placed inside and also from the muscles in my stomach where the repair was done; I haven't really had any issues with the incision line (mainly because it's numb, I guess).

I did have neuropraxia in my left forearm (numbness) and 3 is the fingers on that hand were tingling like they were asleep. I read that it can last up to 3 months but mine was gone after 3 days, thankfully.

I really can't believe how well I'm moving around now at 9 days post op. I attribute it to the fact that I live a very healthy lifestyle and have been using Plexus supplements for 2 years. I was worried about post-op constipation but had no issues since I doubled up on the BioCleanse supplement I use. The multivitamin I take also has an aloe blend using the whole aloe leaf and aloe can help the body heal 120x faster so that could also be playing a role. Either way, being healthier overall definitely makes a huge difference.

My implants are still sitting high so I'm impatiently waiting to see how they look in the next couple months. They're a little large so I'm hoping some of that is swelling.

All in all, I'm VERY happy with my results and so glad I did it!

11 Days Post Op

Feeling great! I finally realized that wearing a dress makes life a lot easier, haha. Honestly, I really don't have much pain at all except a little soreness on my hips where the ends of the incision are. Other than that it's just the expected tightness in my stomach and no real discomfort with my breasts. Starting to feel more like "normal"!

Post Op Visit & Massage

Today I went back for another post op visit but before that I had a lymphatic massage. This is the second one I've done and I'm still pretty numb but man, it sure did tickle when she got to my sides!

Finally got the sutures under my breasts removed so now I'm completely drain free and suture free, woohoo! Having a little pain when I push my breast towards the center of my chest during massages but the doc said that's most likely from inflammation so I'll start taking some Ibuprofen. Other than that, nothing really hurts. Just a whole lot of tightness from my super flat tummy. :-)

Had some questions for the doc:
• I can sleep on my stomach as long as I'm not experiencing any pain; listen to my body
• I can be submerged now (bath, pool)
• I can resume light exercise
• My nipples will come up a bit when the implants settle more
• I should wait to the incision is completely healed and the small scabs are gone before using a scar cream
• Putting the surgical tape on my incision can help with keeping the scar flat and whatnot

All in all, things are looking great! I need to take a picture so I'll try and do that later.

Next follow up and massage should be in about 2-3 weeks!

Pic From Today

Incision Looks Great!

I'm really pleased with how my incision is healing. I've been putting the Plexus Body Cream on it nightly and I think I'm going to start doing some additional vitamin E to help with the very small "shelf" at the incision which is what my PS suggested. Overall, very pleased! It's amazing what a good surgeon and a healthy body can do. :-)

Feeling Great!

I'm feeling great and I'm really pleased with how my stomach is healing. The incision looks AWESOME, which I attribute to having a skilled plastic surgeon and a healthy lifestyle so that my body can heal well.

Still uncomfortable wearing jeans and pants that sit low (where I prefer) so here's hoping that'll change soon, especially with cooler weather coming.

Before & After

Looking at this picture, I'm really impressed with what my surgeon (Dr. Roxanne Guy) was able to do. It's still surreal to me that I have a flat stomach. I've felt with that extra skin above my belly button for so many years that I never thought it would be gone, especially after a failed tummy tuck nine years ago.

I'm VERY pleased with the results!
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Guy is fantastic. She and her staff are very personable and she clearly knows what she's doing. She's been great with answering my post op questions and just has a great bedside manner. No wonder she's the best in this area.