Journey Not over Yet, but So Happy I Did This - Melbourne, AU

I decided to have jaw surgery around 18 months ago...

I decided to have jaw surgery around 18 months ago when I saw an orthodontist to see if I was a candidate for it. He agreed that I was and referred me to a surgeon who would work closely with him to get my bite where it should be.
My motivation for getting the surgery was my appearance. I had such a week lower jaw which gave me a rounded profile. I also didn't have enough chin visible under my bottom lip front on.
My teeth were mildly crowded

Some pics from my recovery

Just some photos of my recovery from orthognathic surgery.

One year on

It's already been a year since my jaw was surgically repositioned and I am constantly glad I did this.
When I see old photos I am shocked what I used to look like. How small my bottom jaw was. How much I NEEDED this surgery.
It has improved my self confidence.
I only have one lingering issue and that is a bit of numbness on my right side under my lip. It's a fuzzy feeling there. Not normal but it doesn't bother me at all. I still have to see my surgeon for the one year follow up but I am very pleased with the results.
Dr Patricia Bordbar

Dr Patricia has been absolutely fantastic! She's been great to deal with, very upfront about expectations and risks and she's done an incredible job, exceeding my expectations! Couldn't be happier and would recommend her to anyone looking to undergo this surgery!