46 Year Old Mother of 3, Sad Deflated Breasts Had Breast Lift and 250cc Implants - Melbourne, AU

After breastfeeding 3 children and recent weight...

After breastfeeding 3 children and recent weight loss of 24 kilos my breasts were left sagging and empty. I first consulted Dr Craig Rubinstein 4 years ago but the timing wasn't right. Finally made the decision to go ahead this year. Surgery was in April and today I am almost at the 8 week mark. I must admit the process has been more painful than I imagined. I woke from surgery feeling no pain but very nauseaus, turns out the morphine i had via an IV made alot of people sick. The biggest issue I had was the inability to use my arms. I had no idea they would be useless for a few days and everyday tasks that involved pushing were impossible. I was on pain killers Panadol and Endone, which is a form of Morphine to help me sleep as well as a course of anti-biotics. Sleeping was definately an issue as I'm a side sleeper and theres no way I could have rolled over. 7 weeks in and I'm only just being about to sleep on my side now! I'm lucky I've had family and friends to look after me as I imagine my recovery has been on the slower side whilst still falling in the range of normal. My implants were placed under the muscle and I'm told this is the reason for some added pain. I almost didn't get the implants but one of my issues was no fullness in the upper pole especially in a bra, I was rolling myself up and stuffing myself into a D cup. I am now a D to DD cup and this is perfect for me as I didn't want anyone to see I'd had the implants, just wanted to look better naked and in lingerie. I must admit I've had a few days where I've really considered whether I would do this again but the answer is always a resounding yes. It's a slow process but I am starting to be really happy with my results and am confident they will continue to get better. Good luck to anyone going in for their surgery and please if you have any questions I'm happy to answer x

Fraxel day week 8

Well today was "fraxel laser" day. I was so nervous as everyone says how painful it is. I was given some numbing cream from my lovely PS and had to apply it an hour beforehand. I then wrapped my breasts in glad wrap. Anyway I was worried for nothing! The laser machine blew cold air at the time of the laser and I thought it was just in preparation. The nurse then said ok get dressed. I had no idea it had even happened. So relieved I almost hugged her! Some itching since and feel a bit sun burnt without the tropical holiday ????????. Now I'm expecting some flaking and peeling and after two more sessions hopefully have flat, almost invisible scars. Hope everyone else is doing well ????

The difference a month makes!

Difference in shape from 5 weeks to 9 weeks.

6 months finally!

Feeling good, rarely have any pain and can do anything. Hang in there girls it gets better. My scars are still red due to the fraxel laser treatment I had. They say it can take 6-12 months for it to go. I'm praying it's true. It's been 2 months since my last treatment.
I have absolutely no regrets and would do it again. Best of luck to you all ????
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

My experience with Dr Rubinstein and his nurses has been exceptional. As said previously I consulted Dr Rubinstein 4 years ago. When I made the decision to go ahead I asked around and two of my friends had seen another well respected doctor. I went to see his nurse but they had a policy of not seeing the doctor until the deposit was paid. He also did the surgery "in house" and you went home the same day. I was not happy with this and wondered why I was shopping around when I was happy with Dr Rubinstein 4 years ago. I then rang Dr Rubinstein again and saw him and realised immediately he was the surgeon for me. He explained a number of options available to me and gave me realistic expectations of the surgery. He did not rush me at all and has been available to me at all times. He also gave me his recommendations and in the end I just went with what he suggested. I have had an anchor lift with a moderate 250 silicone implant. His nurses have been so caring and answer any queries I have straight away via email or a phone call. Even seeing me free of charge if they felt I should be checked. I can't recommend Craig and his team highly enough. I'm now 8 weeks and about the start Fraxel laser on my scars - all part of the cost of the surgery. A little nice touch is the gorgeous gift pack you receive in hospital containing lovely health products, two crop tops, facial voucher and a voucher for a sports bra from a specialist shop. All these little touches make you feel very cared for.