21 Years Old, So Ready to Feel Comfortable - Melbourne, AU

Hello everyone, I have felt very unhappy about...

Hello everyone,
I have felt very unhappy about the appearance and size of my labia since I began being more conscious of my body, at around 13. In the last couple of years it has bothered me so much that I has been on my mind several times a day. I can't wear tight clothing comfortably and having sex makes me very anxious, I can never fully enjoy myself or let anyone see or touch me there. I am so ready to feel more feminine and free to be seen with the lights on.
After having an unpleasant time going through my gp and being referred to two gyno's who had very little or no experience in this surgery, I finally got a referral through my own research to see someone who specialises in it. My consultation with Jane Paterson was around 5 weeks ago. She made me feel very comfortable and from her experience and before and after photos I knew I would go ahead with the procedure. She took photos and explained everything very thoroughly. I will be getting the wedge technique and I am booked in for the 6th of April as a day case, and I will be going under general anaesthesia. Honestly this is one of the most exciting things and I can't wait for the next two weeks to pass!
I will upload some before photos closer to the surgery date (if I can build up the courage). :)

Post op day 1

My procedure was today!! I was admitted this morning at 9am and the surgery started at around 11am. I'm about 5 hours post op now.
All of the staff and my surgeon were so lovely and talkative, too. I never had any doubts about this. I barely even felt any nerves leading up to it either, only excitement. I've been waiting for this moment for so long and it's finally over, it's all very surreal, I'm in awe.
I went under general anaesthetic and the operation took about half an hour in total. I think the worst pain was due to the IV just before I went under, but other than that I've been completely numb due to local anaesthetic.
I'm in bed currently with an ice pack down there, waiting for the pain to start kicking in. Not looking forward to sleeping awkwardly tonight. There's very minimal swelling currently but I'm sure it'll puff up a lot come the next day or two. Hopefully I'll be okay to be sitting down all day due to my job in a week or so. Fingers crossed.
Anyway I've attached a before picture and also one I've just taken.

Post op day 2

Still not feeling much pain today, although there is more swelling and a slight pinching sometimes. I fell asleep and woke up extremely hot and uncomfortable, don't think that helped with the swelling.
Already getting tired of bed rest. The next couple of weeks are going to drag on I think!

Day 4

Past two days have been very similar to day 2. Except I have noticed a little more swelling and some scabs starting to form. Very little pain, only some pulling and itching when I move, which may be from hair growing back. Been keeping up with the salt baths twice a day and icing every couple of hours, hopefully the swelling starts to go down soon! I'm trying to stop looking at it so often, because it honestly hasn't changed a huge amount.
I'm hoping to go for a drive tomorrow and maybe do some shopping, if I can pull off walking normally! haha. I've almost forgotten how to from laying down for so long.

Day 6

Had my post op appointment today, everything looks to be healing well! Still feeling much the same as the last couple of days, but apparently I have less swelling than most so I am happy. Though I'm a little worried because I start back at work tomorrow, sitting down is painful and I work at a job where I'm sitting most of the day. I tend to stick to whatever pants I'm wearing, which stings quite a lot when I move. And I haven't tried wearing underwear for longer than a couple of minutes yet, everything is so sensitive! I would bring a curved neck pillow into work to sit on but I don't want people to question why I have it... Does anyone have any other tips on how I can ease the discomfort a bit?

8 days post surgery

Went back to work two days ago and although I was pretty worried about sitting all day, it went well. I do have some slight pinching or stinging at times but it's nothing I can't ignore.
Swelling has gone down quite a bit since the last time I updated and the suture lines are a lot cleaner and look as if they're closed up; Though I do hope it's still swollen, I like how it looked straight after surgery, do these things normally reduce back to that initial size once completely healed?
Getting a little tired of not being able to shave or clean properly down there as I normally would, I think that's the worse part. Feeling very surprised with how easy this has been as a whole.

Two weeks

Haven't updated in a few days but things are gradually improving. Swelling has gone down even more so, though along the sutures it's still quite hard and somewhat bubbly looking. I think a fair few of my stitches have fallen out, there are a few that are hanging out of the skin a centimetre or so (I've actually sat the wrong way a couple of times and pulled them slightly, sharpest pain ever!). Hopefully more swelling will go down once all the stitches have dissolved! I'm liking the way it's looking so far.
I also started my period a couple of days ago, and geez it's annoying having to wear pads, especially while healing.
Will update again with a photo in a few more days!

19 days post

Here's a photo of how it's coming along! I think most of the stitches have dissolved. Still feels a bit hard and swollen around the clitoris and on the edges. I can't wait for everything to smooth out more, but so far I am really happy with the results. Such an improvement from what it was like before!
I'm a little shiny in the photo from paw paw ointment which has really helped the healing I think.

28 days post

Everything's coming along well I think. No discomfort at all. I think because the swelling has gone down the suture lines and bumps are more noticeable, which I hope will improve. One thing is worrying me a little and that's a small white bump on one side of my clitoral hood. It almost looks like a pimple but it's a longish shape- maybe a stitch that hasn't dissolved? Has anyone had anything like this before?
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon