39 Yr Old Ex Smoker, Obsessive Tanner -- Sun Damage, Acne Scars

I finally got my adult acne cleared up, and...

I finally got my adult acne cleared up, and improved skin as much as possible without fillers. After 25 years of excessive tanning and smoking, I had no lips! Mybsmile lines were thin, uneven, and pitted with acne scars. My dermatologist had samples of Juvederm Volbella and said i was a great candidate and to help me get all that I wanted done (1 syringe of Juvederm Ultra in cheeks, 44 Units of Botox on foreheadand around eyes) she would use me as a before and after. My smile lines and lips aged me the most!!

I didn't know what to expect l, so I was nervous, as this is my first experience with fillers. She used topical numbing agent, and the only part that really hurt was top of the lips. I wanted natural looking lips, smoker lines imroved and just some volume added back to them, plus a little more. I never had much lips when I was younger. (The side of my lips had deflated so much they disappeared!!)
I am less than 24 hrs post procedure and I am thrilled. It's a little uneven on my right side, however, that is normal and expected for the first few days. I have a f/u in 2 weeks and we will assess if more is needed. I will post pics next week.
Minity Shakula, PA -C

I have anxiety disorder, so I had a massive panic attack about 10 minutes in amd nearly passed out. Once I explained that about me and asked her to walk me thru each step, I was able to calm down. She was very patient, got me water, laid me down and was very gentle. She allowed me to collextvmyself without rushing me. Great office, great staff.