Upper Lip Remodeled - McLean, VA

After years of "bird lips" and unhappy injection...

After years of "bird lips" and unhappy injection outcomes, I finally have the change I sought!
Dr. Baker did my procedure with Lidocaine injections, and I felt nothing -- we chatted all through the 30-minute procedure, and when I asked for music, he brought in his I-Pad -- my every wish was accommodated. =D I took two doses of pain medication during the balance of the day, and I kept ice packs on my top lip for a couple of hours, off-and-on. I took Tylenol II the next day, and went to work.
My pain has been nothing to speak of -- a little sore, but nothing with which I can't deal. Each morning, my nose and top lip are quite large, so I use small ice packs for an hour while I wake up to reduce them, and with a creative make-up application, I go right on to work. My excitement outweighs any discomfort!

3 Days Post Lip Lift

No Make-up, 3 Days Post Lip Lift

Here my stitches are [barely] visible; Dr. Baker put a waterproof surgical glue over the stitches, which can be seen a bit. When I wear make-up, the stitches and glue are hardly noticed. =D

Two Week Out -- TOTALLY back to normal! =D

I'm now using Scar Guard on the scar (BARELY noticeable even when looking closely) under my nose, and it's practically dissolving the raised skin!

Two week out -- lips parted

I do have a toothier look when my lips are parted. =)

Three weeks and two days post procedure

24 days post procedure, and I'm very, very happy with the results!
I have very little remaining thick scar tissue skin under the nose where the incision was made, thanks to a topical miracle, Scar Guard!

7 Months Post Op

Once my lip swelling went away, I initially planned to have more of my top lip lifted on either side of the center, but, after 7 months, everything seems perfect! Dr. Baker was right, that things continue to change and "settle" months after the procedure. ;-)
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

I LOVE Dr. Baker! I especially like that he works and teaches cleft palate correction and dental and oral surgery -- he definitely understands the mouth and teeth territory. =D He personally called me the day of my procedure, and 2 days after to check up on me.