45 Years Old Post Menopausal. Marina Del Rey, CA

I have always had a shapely, but "soft" physique. ...

I have always had a shapely, but "soft" physique. I went into menopause at an early age and started to accumulate more weight around my middle. Though I exercise and eat well (most of the time!) I gained weight and I have not been able to take it off. I am 5'6'' and weigh 158, my pre menopause weight fluctuated between 145-150. While not trying to achieve a drastic fat loss, I did want to return to my pre-menopause shape. I decided to try cool sculpting because I didn't want to deal with the recovery of traditional or laser lipo. I was informed at my consultation that I would require 2 sessions to achieve the results I want. Even with $6000 total price tag, I thought it was worth trying. I decided I would treat all problem areas the first time around, and then break up the second round by treatment area to accommodate my budget. So in this round, I had six applicators: 2 on my upper ab, 2 on my lower ab, and 1 each on my "back boobs." I had the procedure done on a Friday and the Monday before, I started taking arnica 3 times a day. The procedure itself was uncomfortable, but bearable. I had severe bruising immediately (see picture), which was worst on my love handles. The bruising faded fairly quickly. When I initially saw the bruising, I panicked because my biggest concern is the pouch above my navel, and there was a conspicuous lack of bruising there. I continued to take arnica for about 2 weeks after the procedure and I massaged my belly with roller or my clarisonic while in the shower. Here are the notes I took the days following the procedure: Saturday day after Fat feels softer, much bruising, swelling, some pain to the touch Started wearing compression garment when I went to dinner at night. Sunday Mild stabbing pains started around 3:30 pm Monday Stabbing pains intensified By 7:30 nearly constant Thursday Pain (pins and stabbing sensation) intensified. Started feeling numbness on the surface cramping in the muscle as well. Tummy is still swollen and warm to the touch. Picked up rx, but haven't filled it yet. Friday day 7 Pain woke me at night. Appear thinner in mirror. Left bra roll looks much better. Picked up meds. Will use the patches, not interested in the percoset. The discomfort was easy to mange with the patches and it went away within 10 days. When I would massage the area (and even today) I would get the tingly feeling again. I should add that during this period I also did a lot of traveling, so my exercise routine was disrupted and my diet was absolutely not restricted. The results in the pictures are all cool sculpting. I do plan to do a second round, but I will break up the treatments this go around. I want to do my upper ab first, since that is the area I am most bothered by. I am not sure that I will go back to same provider because the office didn't call to check on me after the procedure. I think that with that kind of a price-tag, a follow call is the least they can do.

I thought the nurse practitioner was profesional and competent, but I am disappointed that no one from the office called to check me after the procedure.