Revision Lipo - Marietta, GA

I had lipo revision from Dr. Stanley Okoro in...

I had lipo revision from Dr. Stanley Okoro in Atlanta GA in April. I had expectations that it would be a successful surgery from the amount of lipo revisions he had stated he performed. Unfortunately, I spent $10,000 & saw no improvement. I had 5 hours of anesthesia with only thermitight on my lower abdomen & lower flanks & upper back. He also did some blending which was supposed to improve the irregularities & indentions. He suggested exilis & I purchased that package as well. I had no idea that thermitight did not need to be done under anesthesia & I had paid a very hefty price for OR time etc. On my 3 month post op, Dr. Okoro was able to clearly see there was no change & he suggested thermismooth body as the next step. I had already paid $4,000 more than I was quoted for revision lipo from other plastic surgeons in the Atlanta area & now Dr. Okoro wanted to charge me more for extra thermi treatments! I found it difficult to consider when almost no improvement was seen. I've reached out to GA Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in the past with the follow up surveys but no one has ever contacted me regarding my concerns. The follow up with office staff regarding quotes etc. is very poor & it takes several attempts before anyone answers your questions. I am very disappointed in Dr. Okoro's commitment to patient satisfaction & I'm sorry to say, i would never recommend GA Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery to anyone.

Before & After Pictures At GA Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.

I will also note that Thermitight's claim to tighten skin had no effect on my skin. Dr. Okoro is a clinical teacher for thermitight & my procedure was done under anesthesia with plenty of time, preparation & an ability to do it at the maximum strength. It still made no difference.

Updated Liporevision

Thank you all for your feedback. I wish you knew how much I value your comments & suggestions & I will give each of them much thought going forward.
I did want to provide an update to say that Dr. Okoro called after I wrote my review. I stand corrected on the Thermismooth device. Dr. Okoro said he did not own the new machine & GA Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery was being charged on their usage. Dr. Okoro did say he would speak to Thermismooth on my behalf to see if I can qualify as a "model" for before & after photos. The pictures I posted on realself are from, taken at GA Plastics so Thermismooth would have pictures from the beginning of all of my Thermi procedures. This would help alleviate costs of some future investments on my revision so I am hopeful they'll work with me. Dr. Okoro discussed fat grafting before my revision surgery & he explained if I needed further improvement, he would consider this in several months. I do need to say that Dr. Okoro & his PA, Jenny did return an initial phone call pre-surgery when I inquired about including blending to the surgery to break up scar tissue. I was really hoping breaking up the scar tissue would have helped my irregularities.The other 2 Plastic Surgeons I had consultations with before choosing Dr. Okoro had seemed very focused on this aspect. Dr. Okoro did do the blending & clarified that thermitight was difficult to do on revisions due to the scar tissue & this is the reason he wanted to do it under anesthesia. He said I could still see improvements with thermitight up to a year although they also state most results are seen in about 3 months.
I wanted to provide this corrected information & to say my conversation with Dr. Okoro was informative.
I will show updates of the path I choose & hopefully the investment & time I've spent trying to correct this liposuction will finally bring a successful conclusion.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Okoro does not seem proficient in handling lipo revision nor does he seem to care if his patients are happy with their results. Thermismooth Body that Dr. Okoro suggested as a follow up from the unsuccessful $10,000 revision surgery he performed, would only have cost Dr. Okoro a few dollars for the grounding pad. He did offer a discounted rate but I feel his primary objective should have been to at least moderately improve my outcome before attempting to charge me more. I do not fill Dr. Okoro is highly skilled nor is he focused on helping patients receive a desirable outcome.