35, 4 Kids Post Gastric Bypass. 15 Year Wait, Finally on the Other Side of Phase I - Atlanta, GA

I had gastric bypass in June of 2004. Since my...

I had gastric bypass in June of 2004. Since my weightless (currently 152 lbs lost) had been researching tummy tuck and breast implants. Over the years I have had about 12 different consultations and finally picked Dr. Fara Morvagharnia at CCRS Atlanta. He is board certified and has a great bedside manner. His staff is also wonderful. At my first consultation I chose mentor silicone moderate classic at 600 and 650 cc. The second consultation/pre op I changed my size to 650 and 700 moderate plus, but after further consideration of how this might wear on my back (I have a herniated L5 that gives me great back pain) my final decision was 500 and 550 CC moderate plus. The day of surgery was perfect. Dr Fara took his time with me and was even making jokes with me and my husband. Surgery went well moderate pain as I chose a subgranular position mainly because I needed a faster recovery time as I have 4 kids that depend on me and my doctor said this would give me the greatest cleavage. I am day 2 post op and only have mild aching soreness. Next summer I hope to get my tummy tuck.

Capsular contracture 9 mos post op even though I...

capsular contracture 9 mos post op even though I told surgeon just weeks after surgery that rt side felt hard. Pain started on rt side shortly after surgery. Dr. ofc didn't file for extended wty on implants and gave no instr. on how I could do it -now I'll be out another $4500 for capsulectomy for correction.

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Overall, he did a good job; although after my procedure he asked me who told me to 'go with the size I chose (tuberous and asymmetry 500 LT 550 RT) I told him he did- I have no working knowledge of implants and I went on his recommendation-he said I should have increased RT side more. Ofc gave no instr on how to file for ext wty on implants, gave misinformation that I had ext wty and that capsulectomy would be covered only to come back and say their mistake I would have to pay out of pocket. Dr tried to say cc was due to my not massaging breast as instructed-wrong. They did try to work with me on price since I didn't have wty, but overall could not afford at the time.