I knew very little about the company and I was curious as to why they sent people to the Philippines for their surgery, when everyone else I’d heard of either seemed to be going to Thailand or staying in Aus and NZ. I was pleased to discover that this was because they only worked with one Surgeon exclusively, Dr Joel Unson.
I had a great experience in all my dealings with the staff and surgeon, and knew I could ask anything at any time.
When I arrived in Manila, we were picked up by the lovely Rudi, taken through an interesting traffic experience (busy and hectic but Rudi knew how to rule the road). The centre manager, Marc, took us through the housekeeping info for the centre on arrival and our bags were taken up to our rooms. We got a cell phone for contacting staff. Wifi was available the whole time and so I stayed in touch with my partner back home through skype daily.
The rooms were always made up and I loved my little haven, watching tv, movies and reading mags on the big bed and a purpose built cuddlebuddy pillow that helped me for days to come during my recover.
Getting pre-op checks done at Dr Unson’s wife’s community clinic was efficient and the staff were pleasant. The facility was a vast contrast to the plush private practise offices of Dr Unson, but the results came through to doc immediately and it was much cheaper this way.
Consults with doc were informative and reassuring. He greeted us warmly, made mum and I feel very at ease. He took us through the presentation I had already seen, but this time it had the added benefit of his explanations which really helped me understand his reasoning for implant choice, sizing and comparisons of different techniques. This further cemented my confidence in his ability and his decision on how to do my surgery. When he asked what size I wanted, I had referred to my pictures earlier as examples, and I then said I wanted to just be in proportion with my figure and left the choice up to him as to implant size. The result was as best as I could possibly receive.
Now 6 months on from my surgery, I am so glad I chose Dr Unson, and UBE. My results are great, feel and look natural and exactly how I had hoped! It has changed my whole life and I can’t express what a good decision that was. Something I had wanted for over a decade.
The aftercare is regular contact with the team and I had a question about exercise with doc, I facebooked him and he came back to me straight away, conversing until I had no questions left :)
I have no hesitation at recommending anyone to this service if they want to be cared for and given the best possible advice and treatment for their surgery.
• Excellent support and service from the team and the surgeon, on call whenever I need to talk to them, even on facebook.
• I had a free consultation with the surgeon 4 hours after my initial contact with the company!
• Took my mum to look after me and she got really looked after by the team and the staff there too, the recovery centre was manned by friendly staff and they looked after us the whole time wherever we went.
• Breakfast made to order every day! Healthy and naughty options available depending on how I was feeling.
• Pet birds and owl to keep us entertained down in the main outdoor area by the pool, a lovely peaceful setting.
• Beautiful recovery centre
• A fresh robe to walk around in every day!