Dog Ears and Liposuction Revision by Dr. John Curran. Manhattan, NY

I had a Tummy tuck February 13, 2014 by Dr. Kiran...

I had a Tummy tuck February 13, 2014 by Dr. Kiran Polavarapu. After 3 near full term pregnancies my stomach was a wreck. My muscle was stretched, I was covered in stretch marks and my abdomen was big. I Chose Dr. Kiran to do my tummy work and although she did an amazing job I still needed some tweaking. I had been doing research for a while and knew that to get the results that I wanted with the extended abdominal damage that I had I would need 2 or possible 3 procedures and I knew that dog ears sometimes do happen even to veteran plastic surgeons . I have friends that have them. My PS and I discussed the dog ear removal but we needed to wait 6 months until all the swelling from the lipo and tt was gone. Because she was leaving at the 4 months post surgery she mentioned that the next fellow after her could do the revision for me. After seeing how nice my tummy looked after the tt I then decided to get my breast done cause they were bad an didn't match with my tummy. I went to see Dr. Curran for my breast and at the time of surgery he took care of dog ears and did some more lipo. I don't have any pain whatsoever and know that their done because of the compression binder that I'm wearing. I have not touched any regular Tylenol or any narcotics because I am completely comfortable and no pain. Like I mentioned before I know that he did my dog ears cause he told me, and i have the tape but I don't feel any pain or discomfort. Sunday I get to take everything off for my first shower and take a peak. Dr. Curran will be going back to Ireland at the end of June :'( but I am very thankful that he took care me and of course had. Dr. Kirans back. I was blessed with both surgeons. Check out my breastlift review and see for yourself the skills he has. He did an amazing job

before pictures

Some pictures didn't pist

Day 4 Liposuction Incision Sites

Liposuction incisions are very small. My incisions were cleverly placed in inconspicuous areas by Dr. Curran....
************************************************ Dr. Curran used my belly button, tummy tuck scar and dog ear incision (sides) as entry site for the liposuction .******************************************I woke up wearing a compression Velcro binder- as compression helps apply pressure and reduce swelling after surgery. It also helps tissue reconnect and retract to the smaller shape where the fat has been removed and also lessens/ decreases the chance for seromas (fluid build up)

Day 4 Liposuction Incision sites

Pictures didn't post

Day 5 follow up with Dr. Curran

Went for my follow up check up today. Dr. Curran instructed me to use the binder for at least 2 weeks. I mentioned not experiencing any pain and he mentioned that the local anesthetic he used also helped keep me comfortable. Sweet! Can't beat that..he explained how to remove some stitches by Friday that way I don't have to do the 3 hour drive again this week and we are fine with that. Flanks are looking good and I can remove the tape in about 2 weeks or just leave it . Also mentioned to start using the silicone tape scar treatment to help the scar fade..

Day 10

Tape has started to loosen up everything so far looks good. One side is flatter then the other but I'm very happy

11 days post op

Today my sides are super itchy. Itchy is an understatement ugh! I want to scratch so bad and I can't. The compression binder scraped my skin. When I sit it digs into my skin. One tape strip came off today but the rest its on its way. Other than that I'm fine. Hoping to see the new incision of the revision soon..picture is not uploading

Day 13 Thin incision

I ripped off my left side tape by accident. Tomorrow is my 2 weeks so its fine. I was glad to see my plastic surgeon skills. The incision is thin and clean. I have my silicone tape ready to start next Thursday (@ 3 weeks mark) everything is healing good so no complaints here.

Day 16 Dog Ear revision

Finally the rest of the tapes started coming off and I can better see the outcome of the revision

2 months after revision

Sides are looking great. Scars are nice and thin which I am super they are. The scar is thin but because of my skin color I'm not letting my guards down. I'm using scaraway gel and when the he is dry I put the silicone tape (Mepitac) which I bought at Amazon on top. I'm a happy wife camper :-)
Ireland Plastic Surgeon