Rhinoplasty, 10 Days Post-op - Manhattan, NY

Hi Everyone! I just had my cast taken off my...

Hi Everyone!

I just had my cast taken off my nose, and I took some before/after pictures to show you. My “before” and “after” pictures were taken about a month apart. Although I still have a ways to go for the swelling to subside, I am beyond ecstatic to see the improvements in my new nose. It’s beautiful!

Thank to all of you who shared your story on RealSelf. Because of you, I was able to banish any last minute worries and self-doubt prior to my rhinoplasty surgery.

I found the RealSelf community about a month ago, and in the days leading up to my surgery, I was growing nervous and scouring post after post after post about other people’s rhinoplasty experiences. I stayed away from Googling about how the actual rhinoplasty procedure was done though, because I didn’t want to make myself more nervous, haha. I did read about it after the surgery. Also, I stayed away from any mirrors at home for the first few days post-surgery, knowing that I might freak out at my swollen, bruised face.

Fortunately, I actually did not experience any bruising or much discomfort. Even my doctor was amazed and told me that I looked great when I saw him at my 3-day post-op appointment. I attribute that to nurturing a positive mind. I extensively researched other people’s rhinoplasty experiences, so that I had a peace of mind knowing what to expect going in and coming out of surgery. I made sure to be diligent in taking my vitamins and medications, and to follow my doctor’s instructions for post-surgery home care. I also made sure I surrounded myself with people who support my rhinoplasty decision during my recovery. And sleeping a lot helps as well. Sleeping promotes healing.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to do a thorough research on who you choose to perform such a life-changing event on your body. I picked Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj (aka Dr. S) from reading RealSelf patient reviews. It appealed to me that he specializes in ethnic rhinoplasty, and I was impressed by his work showcased on his website and phenomenal testimonials. Shortly after coming across Dr. S’s website, I made a consultation appointment, which further solidified my decision to choose and trust him as my plastic surgeon. I couldn’t be happier that I chose him. Even though I am currently only 10 days post-op and had just gotten my nose cast taken off today, I already feel a huge confidence boost. For that, I am so grateful to Dr. S.

Best of luck to everyone who is either considering or is recovering from a rhinoplasty procedure!

P.S. I should mention that Dr. S also performed full face fat grafting along with my rhinoplasty. I love the results from the facial fat grafting procedure too! Somehow the fat transferred to my face made my skin so much nicer and healthier looking. That was a nice bonus. ?

Before/After Pictures (taken a month apart)

Picture update of my rhinoplasty recovery

2 week Post Op

It's now been 2 weeks since my rhinoplasty procedure. Everything is healing smoothly. I went out for dinner with friends tonight. They noticed something was different about my appearance. My girl friend just said I was pretty. My guy friend asked me if I was pregnant. Haha, not sure what that was about. Maybe he was talking about the nice, healthy "pregnancy glow" moms-to-be have. I was ready to tell thy friends the truth if anyone asked if I had surgery, but thank goodness they didn't! Phew!

Dr. Slupchynskyj is very easy to talk to and is not the kind of doctor who pushes you to do anything. I appreciate his honesty, professionalism, and calm demeanor. If you are considering any facial cosmetic surgery, especially ethnic rhinoplasty, then I can confidently say Dr. S is your man. If you’re not sure if you have an ethnic nose, check out his website or Google it.