Rhinoplasty, 10 Days Post-op - Manhattan, NY

Hi Everyone! I just had my cast taken off my...

Hi Everyone!

I just had my cast taken off my nose, and I took some before/after pictures to show you. My “before” and “after” pictures were taken about a month apart. Although I still have a ways to go for the swelling to subside, I am beyond ecstatic to see the improvements in my new nose. It’s beautiful!

Thank to all of you who shared your story on RealSelf. Because of you, I was able to banish any last minute worries and self-doubt prior to my rhinoplasty surgery.

I found the RealSelf community about a month ago, and in the days leading up to my surgery, I was growing nervous and scouring post after post after post about other people’s rhinoplasty experiences. I stayed away from Googling about how the actual rhinoplasty procedure was done though, because I didn’t want to make myself more nervous, haha. I did read about it after the surgery. Also, I stayed away from any mirrors at home for the first few days post-surgery, knowing that I might freak out at my swollen, bruised face.

Fortunately, I actually did not experience any bruising or much discomfort. Even my doctor was amazed and told me that I looked great when I saw him at my 3-day post-op appointment. I attribute that to nurturing a positive mind. I extensively researched other people’s rhinoplasty experiences, so that I had a peace of mind knowing what to expect going in and coming out of surgery. I made sure to be diligent in taking my vitamins and medications, and to follow my doctor’s instructions for post-surgery home care. I also made sure I surrounded myself with people who support my rhinoplasty decision during my recovery. And sleeping a lot helps as well. Sleeping promotes healing.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to do a thorough research on who you choose to perform such a life-changing event on your body. I picked Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj (aka Dr. S) from reading RealSelf patient reviews. It appealed to me that he specializes in ethnic rhinoplasty, and I was impressed by his work showcased on his website and phenomenal testimonials. Shortly after coming across Dr. S’s website, I made a consultation appointment, which further solidified my decision to choose and trust him as my plastic surgeon. I couldn’t be happier that I chose him. Even though I am currently only 10 days post-op and had just gotten my nose cast taken off today, I already feel a huge confidence boost. For that, I am so grateful to Dr. S.

Best of luck to everyone who is either considering or is recovering from a rhinoplasty procedure!

P.S. I should mention that Dr. S also performed full face fat grafting along with my rhinoplasty. I love the results from the facial fat grafting procedure too! Somehow the fat transferred to my face made my skin so much nicer and healthier looking. That was a nice bonus. ?

Before/After Pictures (taken a month apart)

Picture update of my rhinoplasty recovery

2 week Post Op

It's now been 2 weeks since my rhinoplasty procedure. Everything is healing smoothly. I went out for dinner with friends tonight. They noticed something was different about my appearance. My girl friend just said I was pretty. My guy friend asked me if I was pregnant. Haha, not sure what that was about. Maybe he was talking about the nice, healthy "pregnancy glow" moms-to-be have. I was ready to tell thy friends the truth if anyone asked if I had surgery, but thank goodness they didn't! Phew!
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Slupchynskyj is very easy to talk to and is not the kind of doctor who pushes you to do anything. I appreciate his honesty, professionalism, and calm demeanor. If you are considering any facial cosmetic surgery, especially ethnic rhinoplasty, then I can confidently say Dr. S is your man. If you’re not sure if you have an ethnic nose, check out his website or Google it.