51 yrs old - Lower Bleph with Pinch

I am 51 years old. Since my late 30s, I started...

I am 51 years old. Since my late 30s, I started to notice bags under my eyes. It bothered me then, but I didn't feel that they aged me the way they do now. When I was younger, I swore I'd never "go under the knife", but I wasn't 51 years old, with ever sagging eye lids! So I decided to go for a consultation with Dr. Jessica Lattman in Manhattan. She was surprisingly very down to earth, personable, and answered all of my questions. By the time, I was done with the consult, I felt excited, and with a sense of "hey, this is do-able". Of course, the cost is a bit high for me, so I'll have to get creative and move some money around, perhaps borrow from my 401K. I'm still petrified of surgery, but the more I look at before and after photos of people who have had eye lid surgery, I feel that 99% of these individuals look BETTER, and I feel it is something that I should do to feel better about looking in the mirror.

What I look like naturally

Here is an unofficial "before" photo.

Second consult and surgery is scheduled!

So I emailed my surgeon and asked her if it would be possible to see further before and after photos of previous patients. I set up and appointment and went in to her office and she kindly showed me some images. She had also sent me a letter and offered to put me in touch with previous patients if I wanted to get their perspective.
As a result of these reassurances, I decided to book my surgery. I am scheduled for January 5th.
I'm still quite nervous and scared, but I am reasonably assured that I have done my homework and taken all the necessary steps to research the procedure and the surgeon.

I feel like taking down my profile....

I'm getting a lot of nay sayers writing to me with alarmist comments about the procedure....

Two weeks post op.

Feeling great.

3 weeks post op. Still swollen of course....

The bruising is almost all gone, although there is still some swelling. Even with the swelling, I look better than I did before the surgery. This procedure is life changing -- I feel like I got my face back.

1mo post op.

I still have a bit of swelling and faintest bit bruising left, but it is resolving little by little. No make up except for lipstick (obvi).

6 weeks post op.

Eyes look great. Still a little bit of swelling, but it's not really noticeable. So happy when I look in the mirror!

Almost 2 mos. post op

Feeling good! There is still a tiny bit of swelling but its imperceptible to other people. I'm not wearing any makeup in this photo (except for lipstick!) to give an accurate representation of my progress. I am very happy with my results, and as my sister says "it was worth every penny!" I still have some wrinkles under my eyes, but they are not particularly noticeable or bothersome and they seem age appropriate. I also had Dr. Lattman do me some Botox 2 weeks ago in preparation for 52nd bday!

4 months post op

The swelling is almost completely gone -- imperceptible this point. I am very pleased with the results. I was just looking at selfies taken before my procedure and thinking this was totally worth it.

5 months post op!

Feeling great. The lack of eye bags is such a confidence booster!
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon