Finally Getting Rid of my Double Chin Fat! - Manhattan, NY

Hello realselfers :) I have been stalking this...

Hello realselfers :)

I have been stalking this beautiful and helpful page for so long. I am a female weighting 160 at 5'4. I'm not extremely heavy however looking at my face tells a different story. My face is the first thing you notice and its large and chubby compared to the rest of my body
:(. I want to lose more weight however I am considering a BBL down the line in the future and I must maintain my weight to get the results I want (full shapely butt and hips). At this time since I can't lose the weight (for BBL) I have an unsightly double chin (tears). So I have considered getting a chin liposuction for the time being.

I did it!

Ok so I got my chin liposuction yesterday and I'm now recovering. So after filling out paperwork we got started. The most painful part would be the first needling going in the chin (numbing med). Once that is complete you are numb and can't feel any pain. However you will feel that strange sensation of the cannula moving back and forth (scary). I think that was the most uncomfortable part about the procedure.. Listening to the crunching noise from the cannula scrapping the fat and breaking past the fibrous tissues (I had a lot of fibrous tissues *sigh) since it's right next to the ear (????). I just took a shower and I am swollen, not experiencing any pain the area is just extremely tinder to the touch. I applied the arnica cream and just take my meds and eating lots of pineapples lol. Also the garment is tight however I feel like I'm getting used to it. Few more days till I am able to remove this garment yay!

post op appointment

So I went to my post op appointment with Dr Sterry. He said I should get great results..seeing that he removed almost 200 cc of fat. I am still swollen and the results isn't very noticeable yet. The full results should show in 3 months. My jaw line/ chin area is still slightly numb and bruised that should resolve in a month or so (according to the doctor). I will post pictures once I notice some improve and change in a few weeks.

Worth it!

3 weeks in and finally see some improvement. Can't wait for finally results at 3 months. The second pic I'm looking down. Some fat still present BUT better then before.
New York Plastic Surgeon

I chose dr Thomas sterry for my chin liposuction because he made me feel at ease. He gave me realistic opinions and didn't feed me false hope. My chin liposuction is scheduled for July 11, 2016. I will update more as I go along. Have a good day guys!