25 to Life. Manhattan, NY

Constant lower back pain. Pain between my shoulder...

Constant lower back pain. Pain between my shoulder blades and neck. Sweat and breast discomfort. Always re-adjusting my breast to sit comfortably in my bra, which caused indents on my shoulders and a hump behind my neck. Inability to sit for long periods, stand for long periods and lay down as well.

What a difference

New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Baldenholfer is amazing. I am an out of state patient and my insurance only covered doctors in New York. I had a limited amount of time to get my procedure done and when I explained my situation to Dr. Baldenhofer's team they accommodated me inmediately. He saw me on a Saturday, do you know how hard it is to have a consultation on a Saturday? Answer: Very. Especially with a doctor who takes insurance. During the consultation he told me the benefits and risks to the surgery. If you don't know, one of the biggest risks is losing nipple sensation. I went to the consultation as a 36DDD. I came in already approved for the surgery with my insurance company so I won't lie, I started getting a bit superficial about the surgery and started thinking about how I would look more than getting rid of the pain. I wanted to be a 36C and honestly if I wasn't chubby I wouldve pushed for a B. I knew i couldn't realistically be that size but I expressed it to Dr. Baldenhofer still. Of course he took me back to reality and told me the 36D would more than likely be my size (which I knew from previous consultations with another doctor) a girl had to try! He told me he would get me to the D possibly a full C. We snapped a few before pictures for insurance purposes and that was that. Booked my surgery for the following week April 25th. The morning of, I wasn't nervous which was a surprise. We scheduled my surgery at Plainview Hospital which was awesome bc my parents live in Valley Stream so the car ride home would be easier. When I got to the hospital I had like 6 nurses, all very kind. I spent some time with Dr. Baldenhofer, while he marked me up so I used that time to grill him on last minute questions like scarring and after care treatment. He answered my questions easily. He chatted with my mother for a bit and then the nurse gave me a cocktail and next thing I know I was I waking up in the recovery room. Just like that. I couldn't believe I went through with it and it was done. Dr. Baldenhofer came to talk to me but seriously i was hoped up on meds so I think I remember him saying he will call me later to see how I was doing and that he was going to chat with my mom. ( I could have made that part up, I really only remember his face in a sea of nurses moving me around.) Anywho, he did call me later that day to let me know what to expect and go over the drains with me again. We set up an apt on Wednesday morning to remove the drains which brings us to present day. I got to see my breasts and they look amazing! I really thing they are a C but I know they are swollen and havent taken full form. They are so perky and ladies, I havent had any back pain! This is a surprise bc sitting down for long periods of time hurts so badly! Now... Nada! Since I am an out of state patient with a new job I wanted to return to work immediately. So I plan on leaving Sunday ( yes that is only one week of recovery and right now Dr. Baldenhofer is hesitant to sign off on it). He said everything looks good but I am seeing him again Friday to remove the bandages so he said he we will discuss it then. During our visit today he told me he spoke with another colleague of his in Florida that has agreed to monitor me during recovery, I couldn't believe he took the time to do that. It is greatly appreciated. We don't expect to need him, but things come up and clearly I'm not just going to jump on a flight back to NY. I can't wait to see what Friday has to offer! I will post before and after pics then. I just wanted to get this post up to show my testimony. This website really helped me prepare for what's to come and I want to strongly recommend Dr. Baldenhofer. He went above and beyond for me when he didn't have to. Him and Arlene, his coordinator, are amazing! Stay tuned for my before and after!