Double Eyelid Surgery - Manhattan, NY

After years of double eyelid surgery popping up in...

After years of double eyelid surgery popping up in family conversations and me contemplating it on and off, I decided this summer would be the most suitable time to do it. I was always concerned with my eyes appearing uninterested and lifeless because of the way my eyelids drooped and made an effort to raise my eyebrows at all times, but this was tiring. It was also disappointing when I looked at pictures and found that my efforts at raising my eyebrows didn't help at all; my eyes still appeared bored. Don't get me wrong, I liked my monolids most of the time (especially with makeup); I had an enjoyable 19 years with them, but now it was time for something else.

I didn't find Dr. Choe until after more searching online, but I'm so glad I found him because I'm 100% sure I made the right decision by having him as my surgeon. His entire office, including Ashley and Sharon, is very welcoming, helpful, and caring; after my operation Ashley contacted me asking how I was doing and told me to reach out with any questions. During my consultation, Dr. Choe really struck me as wise and understanding of people, and he was just very down to earth, humorous, and experienced at his profession at the same time.

I'm pretty adventurous, so the only nervous part of my day was being worried that I would be late to my appointment due to traffic; I was very curious about how the entire experience would be because I knew I would be awake during it. I change into a blue gown, take a pill, Dr. Choe draws on where to cut, other preparations occur, and before I know it I groggily but calmly wake up after the operation starts. The local anesthesia is extremely calming and throughout the procedure, there is no pain at all. My mind is fuzzy and there is no sense of time, but I talked to Dr. Choe a lot during the procedure because he says he loves talking to his patients and it doesn't bother his concentration either.

During recovery, and even months after the operation, I'm always surprised to find that there was and still is no pain at all. There was inevitable swelling that makes the eyelids look uneven, but a few weeks/ months later, I'm completely happy with my eyes now :) Thank you Dr. Choe :)
New York Plastic Surgeon