Panniculectomy & Abdominoplasty Post Weight Loss - Manhasset, NY

Extremely pleased with my results and much less...

Extremely pleased with my results and much less pain/ discomfort than expected. At month 6 of recovery, still get some swelling if I'm super active and out in the heat, but it's gone by am. Full results and nerve regrowth expected by month 12. Going back to have my thighs and arms done in the mext few months. I did NOT have my abdominal wall stitched, and still have wonderful results. During surgery Dr. Tanna felt it was not necessary to do, but I had also made this decision as I do not yet have children but may become pregnant in the future. This is one of the reasons I had an easier recovery, only being on pain meds for 3 days and back to driving after a week. He did make my abdomen nice and tight so it was a little over a month until I could fully stand up straight. The drains are a pain but a necessary evil, along with compression garments. By Dr. Tanna has you follow certain directions for best results. I was back to starting light treadmill walking around week 4, and cleared to start back to lifting weights around week 6/8. My incision is SUPER low and VERY small, definitely covered by the smallest bathing suit or underwear I'd ever wear lol.

6 months post op

Took a quick 6 month update pic today.
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Tanna was highly recommended by another surgeon, of a different specialty, when I inquired about skin removal surgery/referrals. He is very knowledgeable and went over exactly how he was going to do my surgery based on my body/case for the best results. He was also very precise and realistic about expectations post surgery. He is very accessible if any problem came up, telling me never to hesitate to call or text him with any complications even if minor. I did have one of my drains slip a few times, but it was addressed and fixed very quickly. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Tanna, and would highly recommend him to anyone needing cosmetic or reconstructive surgery. I am looking forward to having the excess skin from my thighs and arms removed by him soon also. His office staff is wonderful also, and worked very hard going back and forth with my insurance company getting my panniculectomy covered.