Very Disappointed with Rhinoplasty Result - Miss Piggy Nose :( - Malvern, AU

I had a rhinoplasty/septoplasty with Dr Southwick...

I had a rhinoplasty/septoplasty with Dr Southwick about 2.5 years ago. I was looking for a more refined, feminine result but unfortunately I've ended up with a crooked, Miss Piggy-esque look, visible scar and I now have trouble breathing, which I never had before. I'm not really one to write reviews but I decided to after all this time because I've started looking into revision surgery lately and I made my choice of doctor based on all the excellent reviews I found online for Dr Southwick so I know how important it is for us to all be honest and share our experiences, especially when things don't go as we would have liked. I really, really liked Dr Southwick and I think that's why I booked my surgery after meeting with him but I really wish I consulted with another surgeon or two before making my decision because if I had I might not be looking at revision now. I've been back to Dr Southwick to discuss my concerns but he didn't see a problem and suggested I not focus on my nose. This is a simplification of our conversation - he is a very nice man with a good bedside manner - but the overarching message was that my concerns weren't cause for alarm. I've waited over two years before even thinking about revision to see how my nose settled but I now know it won't drop any further and the result I have now is what I'm stuck with and it's not acceptable for me. I strongly recommend that anyone getting any surgery meet with several doctors, even those that charge consult fees, or even better, try to get a recommendation from a friend or go to someone who's work you've seen. It's quite heartbreaking when things go wrong, not to mention costly. As a side note, I also found one particularly staff member very rude - that is the staff member I have given one star for below.

Side profile