46 Weeks Until Im Done - Maine

I have been a thumb sucker for 44 years, with a...

I have been a thumb sucker for 44 years, with a failed attempt of braces when i was about 12 (they were the removable ones, so i removed them a lot) My 2 front teeth stuck out quite a way. And once i hit my 40's i was really conscious of it.
Ive been petrified of the dentist for as long as i can remember, It would make me physically sick just taking my kids for appointments, so the thought of going and having braces, or even any type of work done, was near existent.
I became friends with our local hygienist, and for years, she promised me, she would be gentle if i would just sit in her chair. After about 3 years of her asking i finally gave in. I hadnt had a dental cleaning in over 14 years, and was really worried at what mess she would find, no i was embarrassed at what mess she would find.
As it was, it turned out, i had kept very good care of my teeth (who wouldnt if you don't like going to the dentist) all i needed was a small filling, and either a root canal in my wisdom tooth, or have it removed. I opted to have it removed.
After this process, i was so worried about getting dry socket, that i stopped sucking my thumb. Who knew that after 44 years, all it would take was worrying about dry socket :/
Anyone, once i stopped thumb sucking, she suggested going to see about invisalign, she said it was minimum chair visits, and would be perfect for me. So off i went, i opted for just top teeth, as they were the ones i was conscious about. It has now been 37 weeks, my teeth look great, and if i had to stop now, i would be happy. My only concern is, how in the heck do they take off the attachments? that, i am worried about.
I have (hopefully) attached my clincheck, before photos, and a midway photo. I will add my final photo once i get done.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone, Ive had very minimal pain, i know some people dont. And its been quite a quick process
Dr Palmer