Kybella Treatment Week Prior to 53rd Birthday. Madison, WI area at Robertson's Cosmetic Center

One week before my 53rd birthday, I had a Kybella...

One week before my 53rd birthday, I had a Kybella treatment that consisted of 4 vials and 40 injections. My practitioner, Amie Neumier, is an RN, BSN, and CANS who specializes in aesthetic nursing. Dr. Kevin Robertson, MD, FACS - Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon was on hand to help prepare me for the procedure and Roxanne Peterson, RN, BSN, CANS, assisted by using a cold-air emitting machine that blew across the injection site, which I found very helpful.

My practitioner Amie used a template to mark the 40 injection sites, then completed the injections within about 10 minutes at the most. The cold air did a great job minimizing pain. The injections were more "annoying" than painful. About half way through I started to feel a heaviness from the swelling, but it really wasn't very painful at all. They opted not to use anti-inflammatory pain medicine, and suggested Tylenol if needed (I didn't need it). I noticed a little swelling of my jaw line along with the neck swelling. I've had a "textbook" experience so far--everything is as I was told it would be. I used an arnica gel to help with the swelling and brusing. I've included images taken just before, 2 hours after, the next day and a few days later. I've also included a photo of how I successfully covered the swelling using a scarf. No one at work seemed to notice! I'll update this site with more photos as I continue the journey.

At 2.5 weeks approaching baseline

Things are going well--the area feels numb and hard. It seemed like the rest of my face swelled just a tad from the photos ( if you look at my earlier post). I think that's gone now. I'm probably the only person that noticed it. It seems like the other people I've seen look as if they lost weight in their face once when the process is complete, not just the neck area. Has anyone else notice that?

Progress at 34 days

I'm starting to see results beginning at one month. I'm happy with my progress and hope to see the area continue to tighten.
Amie Neumier, is an RN, BSN, and CANS

As noted above, I've had a very good, textbook-like experience. Amie, and Dr Robertson demonstrate a high level of professionalism that I find reassuring. They're also highly regarded in the area. I'm very happy and looking forward to seeing the final results.