Rhinoplasty and Alar Base Reduction

Hi everyone, I had been unhappy with my nose for...

Hi everyone,
I had been unhappy with my nose for as long as I can remember. The bridge had a hump that made the tip drop a bit and I also thought the nostrils were wide. I felt that when I smiled the nose would take over my face. I was afraid of alar base reduction at first because of the scars, but I'm 14 days post-op now and I think the incisions are healing nicely.

Day 3

The swelling took over my cheeks. I was looking like the gopher in the movie Caddyshack.
I also felt pain on the roof of my mouth, as if I had a burn from a hot pizza.

Day 3 & 4

Day 3 and 4 where the same. I was full of bruises and the swelling was about the same. Bleeding from nose had stopped but I still had constant clear drainage from my right nostril.
The black and blue traveled to my cheeks. It wasn't painful but it was uncomfortable.

Before pictures

Day 5.. cast off

Doctor took the cast off on day 5. My nose was super swollen, with white heads and incredible oily.

7 Days Post-op

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Great Doctor. I saw Dr. Miller once and I knew he was the right doctor for me. I felt comfortable knowing he was going to give me what I wanted without going overboard. Great attitude and personality. He suggested an alar base reduction since i was unhappy with the width but I was a bit scared of the outcome. I didn't know if trading my big nose for some scars was the way to go so I decided to think about it and I told Dr. Miller to go ahead with alar incisions the day of the surgery. I spend a good time talking to Dr. Miller on the phone. ( the office is a bit far from me but he reached out to me via phone) He made me feel comfortable and answer every question I had. The staff is excellent. The day of the surgery I was a bit nervous but talking to the nurses, laughing a little with them and having them reassuring you that everything would be fine calmed me. Dr. Miller also personally called me the next day to know how I was doing, which normally a nurse would do. That alone I thought was great of him to do. I highly recommend him.