27 Year Old, Very Crowded Teeth, So Excited to Finally Fix! Madison, AL

My teeth have always been horrible, causing me to...

My teeth have always been horrible, causing me to never smile in photos and always cover my mouth when laughing or even talking. I finally decided to correct it and luckily my insurance covered a good bit of the cost. I decided to do propel to cut my time in half. I started treatment on 1/18/16. I will be updating as I go through the process!

Propel and Invisalign information

I just wanted to give some brief information on my experience with Propel. My dentist was running a special, 21 trays for $4250, my insurance covered $2,500 of that. It did not cover Propel, I cannot remember the exact amount but I believe it was around $400 extra. I was advised that Propel would cut the treatment time in half, so where I would normally be wearing my trays for 2 weeks, with Propel I only wear them for one. My dentist said my treatment time so be a max of 21 weeks, but he is thinking less than that.

I got Propel done last week, on 2/1/16. The same day I got my attachments, exactly two weeks after wearing my first tray. The process took a little longer than expected. I will say that I have an extremely high pain threshold, I left the dentist office in so much pain I was laughing. (To prevent from crying) I could not believe the amount of pain my mouth was in. Here is the amazing part: less than one hour later the pain was gone. I have not had pain since. I switched to my third tray today and yes there is pressure, but thankfully no pain. If you are in pain, I promise it will go away, and just remember it is worth it! We are all in the same boat for straighter teeth here, I'm going through it with you! More pics in a bit!

Tray 4

Forgot to update with tray 4 pics

I went to the dentist yesterday and found out I am all clear to start changing our my trays every 5 days! I'm thrilled!

Gum recession?

Has anyone had any issues with gum recession since starting treatment? I know that I take amazing care of my teeth. Could that be the problem? My routine consist of me removing my tray only 3 times a day for 35-40 minutes each time. As soon as I eat, I brush, floss, and mouthwash, then put my trays back in. I read that if you brush too quickly after you eat the acids in your food do not have any time to nutralize? I do not drink anything besides water with my trays in. So I'm at a loss as to why this is happening, it is only on one tooth. I plan on calling my dentist tomorrow, just wanted to check with my fellow realselfers and see if anyone had any tips!

Tray 6

Tray 6 pictures!

Tray 7!

Moving right along! I can't wait to hit double digits!

Finally finished!

This post is actually very late. I finished treatment on 5/24/16. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new smile! I opted for the Vivera retainers, but once I go through them, I am considering going with some more permanent options.

So I quick recap:
I started treatment on 1/18/16
I did Propel TWICE during treatment
I opted to not do refinements
Finished treatment on 5/24/16
Got fitted for retainers and got my retainers in 6/29/16 which was perfect timing as I moved to a new state on 7/1/16.
Overall I would recommend Invisalign, I would also highly recommend Propel! It's worth it!!!

I think that's everything, feel free to ask any questions!
I've included a picture from my wedding back in 2012, in this pic you can see how bad my teeth were.
Dr. Jake Noel

Simply the best! He always let's me know each step and makes sure I'm comfortable before we continue.