Earfold to Both Ears. Macclesfield, GB

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Day of procedure: Went to work as usual, then...

Day of procedure:
Went to work as usual, then headed to Macclesfield Spire to meet Mr Musgrove for earfold for 11:30am appointment.

Upon arrival, I felt relaxed. I was 40 minutes early which didn't help, but I signed my details over at the reception and took a seat. After waiting for 30 minutes, I did start to feel anxious.

I was called in shortly after by Mr Musgrove, and we went through a consultation again, the practice ones he had were useless as they didn't really work, so he said he'll do the procedure and show me during it.

I headed down to the treatment room and was told to get on the prepared bed. I tried to avoid looking at any of the tools and chatted to the two ladies who put me at complete ease. Again I felt anxious but also relaxed as I felt I was in good hands. After only a few minutes, Mr Musgrove got straight on with the procedure, I was dreading the needle pain as I'd read online it was quite painful. The needles started to be injected to the top of my ear, my first reaction was, is that it? And I had a slight smile. He continued to inject several times, then he injected at the lower back of the ear, that stung a bit more but no more than a bee sting. The other ear was the same.

He left it for a couple of minute and then he started work. I honestly didn't even know he started as I didn't feel a thing, until I felt blood running down my neck, at this point I realised, yes he is cutting my ear open!

Both ears were cut in what felt like 5 minutes and it was done. I got to look in a mirror for approval and I felt ok, not overjoyed, just ok.

I was given some bandages and advice along with paracetamol and antibiotics. I went to reception, paid and was told to wait 20 minutes for a check from the nurse. After 20 minutes I was checked over and given the all clear. No pain in my ears at all.

Roughly 6 hrs later, my ears began to throb, but definitely bearable, paracetamol dulled the pain no problem. My ears also began to get really swollen. Feeling 50/50 about my ears, not sure if it's the swelling, so waiting until that's gone down before making full judgement.

Day 2

Day 2:
Ears are really swollen today, and very tender to touch. Had a rubbish sleep as each time I turned I felt the pain and woke up. The bandages helped a little bit but not a great deal.

Feeling a little underwhelmed as the swelling is so much my ears stick out a lot at the bottom. But, they weren't like that after the procedure so I'm sure they'll just settle down.

I had no pain killers all day as didn't feel I needed to. Yes a slight ache but not worth taking pain killers for.

A constant ringing sound in my ears, but nothing to worry about i think, just pressure from the swelling.

Day one pictures

London Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Didn't fill me with confidence when my name was called out wrong or when the clips wouldn't fit for consultation. But when it came to the procedure, I felt at complete ease and in good hands.

4 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
4 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
4 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful