Facial Resurfacing Sciton Erbium with Ablation & Coag - Lubbock, TX

I've had deep under-eye bags for as long as I can...

I've had deep under-eye bags for as long as I can remember. Some of it may be from good 'ol Texas allergies, some inherited, and some from gravity (notice I didn't say age haha). As part of my makeover, I selected for some facial resurfacing. I choose to use the same PS facility that preformed my other procedures. For the facial resurfacing, I met with Shannon Minns who has graciously taken care of everything I've needed and who has gracefully answered all of my questions. I highly recommend her for this procedure if you are in this area.
Shannon and I agreed that she would be aggressive under my eyes, work on the broken capillaries on my cheeks, and use the laser moderately on the rest of my face. For my procedure, Sciton Erbium resurfacing with Ablation and Coag was used.
The day of the procedure, after taking a Valum, an aesthetician placed numbing cream on my face. I waited for about 45 minutes while the meds and cream did their work, then Shannon entered the room to perform her magic. She started by placing little bronze discs in my eyes to protect them from the lasers. Then she gave me a few injections around my upper cheek area to help it alleviate any paint the laser might cause. I would not say that during the procedure that the laser caused me much pain but it was very annoying. It did get painful around the edges of the outer part of my eye but it was bearable. After Shannon was finished she removed the bronze contacts from eyesand placed a cooling mask over my face that felt absolutely wonderful. I was instructed to leave the mask on for 30 minutes and then replace it with a new cooling mask that she provided. Now when I removed the cooling mass that had started to dry my face felt like it had a severe sunburn. I was unable to remove it after 30 minutes as instructed, it was actually closer to an hour. This is not advisable! The cooling mask needs to be removed and replaced with the new cooling mask before it dries on your face. The rest of the evening and the biggest part of day one post procedure I felt like I had terrible sunburn on my face. The hydra balm that was provided both relieved and annoyed to me. The balm helped with the sunburnt affect sunburn affect but was greasy and gross. Consequently the greasiness also was the cause for a few minor breakouts that have since went away. Day two seem to be the worst I was very swollen and very red but I had no pain at all. Day three I continued with the hydra balm, began using the cleanser (which I had more of) and the moisturizer that was provided. On day three I'm also still swollen, not quite as red, and I started getting a little needle sensations that began to itch ( I'm assuming this was due to nerve endings). Day four feels even better when I wash and moisturizer my face both day and night. Also on day four, still swollen but way less and way less red! Day five, less swollen, less red on most of my face, except for my under eyes. I applied the sunscreen that was provided and ventured out of the house. I still have the occasional sporadic itching, but not bad at all. Day six most of the red is gone except for under my eyes. I used the skincare regimen that was provided and ventured out of the house again today! I'm only putting the hydra balm just under my eyes. High hopes that tomorrow the under eye redness will be gone and I can apply some foundation.

5 month update

This is 5 months out from the resurfacing. Photos were taken early morning with no makeup, moisturizers, or any other products, just a freshly washed face. The procedure did very little, if anything for the undereye bags, but it did fantastic things for my skin. I feel like my face appears more youthful with less fine lines and blemishes. I'm still very happy with the results. I would probably do this again in the future.
Shannon Minns