Caring Crafted Care! - Pasco, WA

I had a nipple sparing full mastectomy and went to...

I had a nipple sparing full mastectomy and went to Dr. Karen Vaniver for the reconstructive surgery. First, Karen is one of those rare doctors who treat you like an individual, looking at you holistically instead of a bean to count. She instantly puts you at ease with her great hugs and kind words. She pays specific attention to small details about you from one visti to the next, in other words you know she cares about the person inside. Clincally speaking her skill is supberb! The results of my reconstructrive surgery are a positively amazing transformation. I was fortunate enoungh to be born with the perfect C cup nicely shaped breasts, and when they were gone it was tough on my body image and confidence. Now I have back the same size breast with a few differences that I am getting used to. There is scarring, but she did a great job at hiding the scarring to only underneath the breast and a few on the sides. Also, she does a great job at working with you to manage the pain. I am one of those people who don't do well with pain medications (it makes me quit sick), but she used other types of medications that work well with the pain medicine to help the healing process. Additionally, her nurses and staff are very knowledgable, kind, and just plain wonder to work with as well. I would absolutly recommend Dr. Vaniver and her staff to anyone!
Kennewick Plastic Surgeon