Recovery Much More Intense Than Advertised

I'm a 27 yo female who has had moderately severe...

I'm a 27 yo female who has had moderately severe underarm sweating since high school. In college, I had botox injections every 6 months, which worked amazingly for the first couple years, but by the 4-5th time, they stopped working (doctors say maybe I developed a resistance to botox). Anyway, after several years of trying out tons of products (more antiperspirants, special sweat-proof shirts, etc.) I finally decided to try Miradry. I was very hesitant, as I didn't want to do anything that could have potential negative side effects. I spoke to many doctors and read as much as I could about the procedure online, and it seemed like it was not a serious procedure. I got the sense that recovery would be about a week of intense recovery, but after that only mild discomfort during the recovery process was to be expected. I also asked about exercise, as I am a tennis player who trains almost every day, and everything I heard suggested that you only had to take of 3-4 days of intense exercising.
Well, it's been almost 3 weeks now for me, and the recovery process has been much more painful and uncomfortable than I could have imagined. I tried some mild exercising 5 days after the procedure and attempted to play some easy tennis some time after that, and the sensitivity under my arms just would not allow it. Additionally, it appears that I may have pulled something in my armpit, I really have no idea what, but there is a thin strand of what feels like a tendon visible under the surface. I'm going in for a follow-up in 2 days to find out what is going on. My underarms feel tight and my arm movement is restricted (I can't fully stretch my arms above my head or lean to the sides). Unsure what the problem is, as I have not read any other comments similar to this.

Anyway, moral of the story is, Miradry is a SERIOUS procedure. Don't let the advertisements or doctors offices try to tell you it's an easy recovery, it's not. Especially if you are an athlete, it definitely interferes with your daily life. As for the sweating, I have noticed a decrease - maybe about 60%, which is very nice. However, when the disruption to my daily activities is taken into consideration, I think I would choose not do to it again. Definitely will not return for a second treatment.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had my procedure done by Dr. Chase's RN, and she was amazing! My complaints are not with the office at all, they were very friendly and have been available for questions and concerns every step of the way. If you choose to go through with Miradry, I would definitely recommend them.