44 Years Old, 3 Adult Kids, Grandmother, C-section Ruined my Stomach 26yr Ago! - Los Angeles, CA

I have always wanted to get a tummy tuck. But...

I have always wanted to get a tummy tuck. But because i was a single mom, i never had the opportunity. Now that my children are adults and my money is all mine! lol! I am now living my life for myself. I have gained and lost weight over the years, so the lil pouch has gotten saggier and less elasticity. I always felt sexy, never had a man tell me to put my panties back on because it was gross! lol! but now its not only for appearence sake, its a hygiene issue. This flesh hangs over and can develop yeast infection and its constant maintenance. Im sorry if its TMI, but if you have a similar problem you know what i mean. Im 5'4, 198lbs. Im very active, and just cant seem to loose weight. I have been using Herbal Life for about a month, i lost 10lbs. All the weight loss came from my legs and butt! I was looking into getting a BBL, with the intention on getting lip in my stomach, flanks, arms and thighs and put it in my butt, i figured i would look alot slimmer and get a butt at the same time. If you look at me you would never know i weigh as much as i do, maybe my muscle tone, my body for the most part is pretty toned. So i went too see Dr. Hughes, he immediately pointed out that he thought a tummy tuck would be the best place to start, i went in there asking about a BBL/Lipo and in the back of my head i knew that i needed a tummy tuck. I had to agree with him.I guess im still scared of the evasive procedure! i had a terrible experience with my c-section years ago. I developed an infection and it was horrible. I'm not afraid of the pain, more like I feel guilty for wanting something some people consider superficial and vain. After lots of evaluation i am going this afternoon to put a deposit on my procedure! I owe it too myself. I would love too sit down without my panties rolling down, i would love to look at my self in the mirror and not worry about that out of place bulge that makes wearing anything sexy impossible! i would love to wear a thong again! i would love to lay on my side without my stomach falling too the side!

Changed my date! :)

So originally i was going under the knife on august 22nd. But after a meeting with my boss about me taking 2wks, which i havent done in 15 years, we decided September 2nd would be better for everyone at the office. I manage a Tow Company and all my co-workers are male. I was honest with everyone about my TT and they shared some concern and then excitement for me. They have known my struggle as a single mother and are happy that im in a position in my life to put myself first.
My sisters are a little scared for me, but i explained to them that they cant understand because they have always had a small waist and nice hourglass shapes. Although i've worn my Apron stomach well, i am soo tired of disguising it. Being referred too as the pretty chubby sister all my life, even at my smallest weight, next to my sisters i was still looking chubby! lol! i was hoping for there support. but i know mostly they are just worried for me.
my sisters wedding is in December, i wonder if my tummy will be up to par by then and if i get fitted in August, will i fit the dress in December without having to make major adjustments?
Anyway, on a good note i have i have lost 11lbs over the last few weeks. i currently weigh 196, i hope to loose atleast 20 more lbs by surgery date. 10 lbs looks like 20 on me, so everyone has been noticing the change, feels so good. My stomach has no problem lookin flat, the slimmer i get the more my tummy hangs, ugh! my stretch marks are not too bad. I know after my TT my tummy is going to be awesome! i did have abs a few times in my life! so it is very promising! i work i very hard! and i know this will only motivate me to get-er done!

lost 11lbs

And the more I loose , the more she sags!:(

infections!

So I been back and forth to the hospital with my daughter who developed an awful abses after a tubal pregnancy. What was supposed to be a very in evasive procedure turned into a month long ordeal. 2 weeks in the hospital and another possible 2 weeks of intravenous antibiotics at home.My poor baby, shes begging me not too elect ssurgery and avoid possible complications all together. I was riding the fence, but after long thought and prayer I am still going forward with my journey.

Challenges!

I think the biggest challange im going to have is changing my lifestyle. An entire week before my period i love to indulge, i have no will power! I become so hi-strung and aggressive i even work out excessively! i have always been this way but im noticing it even more as i enter peri-menopause. I want to protect my investment, my TT and help the rest of my body maintain aswell. but quiting smoking and drinking is a big step! there is no gray area, i dont know how too "drink a little, eat a little, smoke a little", it's always go hard or go home with me. So im going to apply the same attitude about my health and the things i feed my body. The greatest challange is my lifestyle and learning how to ease up and not be in such a rush to squezze the crap out of life! i want it all and i want it asap has been my motto. now i need a knew mantra. wish me luck.

weight loss

so i've been stuck at my 11lb weight loss. i've been so busy, taking care of my daughter, sitting my grandson while my other daughter is in school,working all week and the usual housework! i was doing really good as long as i was working out. im still on my herbal life diet, its keeping my weight in check, maybe i have lost a pound or two, we will see after my period. right now im just trying too keep my sanity with all the extra work! the life of a mother never ends! so this is a picture of me last saturday night, i snuck out with my girlfriends for a much needed night on the town!

18lb weight loss so far! 22lbs to go!

Well my weight loss has been steady, i started at 203 now today im at 185. it feels like i lost much more, i started at a sz 14, im a sz 10, everywhere accept for my gut! i can fit into my pants that i've kept around to keep my self in check! when these fit nice and loose im so happy with my size. never the less my pouch is still a problem! it takes away from my appearance. anyway, im less than 2 months away from my surgery, so im sure i will reach 170 lbs if i stay on my regimen of herbal life and excercise! oh and i have cut down my alcohol consumption a great deal! i do allow myself some indulgences on the weekends! so i dont feel deprived at all! no smoking, it's been sort of easy. im truly not scared im more anxious, i wish i could just get it over with. my family has been more supportive since they see that i am not changing my mind. My daughter is doing much better, she has won the battle with her infection and understands that with proper planning this surgery will go smoothly! so im ready as i will ever be! here is my before and after! 18 lbs, can you imagine what 30 will look like! im stoked!

Missing where my babies where made !;(

I'm starting to miss my baby maker ! ;(

Forgot one

I WAS EXCITED, BUT NOW NOT SO MUCH

SO TOMORROW I GO IN TO SEE DR HUGHES, PAY OFF MY TT PROCEDURE AND WHAT I JUST FOUND OUT BY THE LAST CALL I GOT FROM HIS OFFICE IS PREPARE AND BE INSTRUCTED FOR THE DO'S AND DON'TS. MIND YOU I HAVE NOT BEEN AN OVER BEARING TYPE OF PATIENT OR POTENTIAL PATIENT, I SET MY DATE AND THEN HERE WE GO... ADAM CALLS TO LET ME KNOW HE WONT BE IN, BUT HEIDI WILL BE IN. NO PROBLEM I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I CAN SEE DR HUGHES, BECAUSE I HAVENT SEEN HIM SINCE MY FIRST CONSULT, HE SAYS NO PROBLEM HE'S HERE ALL DAY. OK GREAT. NOW TODAY I GET 2 CALLS TO CONFIRM MY APPT TOMORROW, I ASK AGAIN,IM GOING TO MEET WITH THE DR ALSO RIGHT? OH YES NOT A PROBLEM. OK, SO IT'S 545PM MY TIME HERE IN L.A., WHY ARE THEY CALLING ME TO ASK CAN I COME IN AT 11, OR 12 OR LATER? SEE, THAT PART!"( OK, SO IF I CAN WILL I STILL SEE DR HUGHES, MAYBE, MAYBE IS NOT AN OPTION. IT'S BEEN MONTHS AND I'VE LOST WEIGHT AND I WANT TO HEAR WHAT HE THINKS BEFORE I PAY FOR MY PROCEDURE, WHICH I WAS PLANNING ON DOING TOMORROW. AND/OR SIT THERE AND GO THRU EVERYTHING TO STILL NOT KNOW WHAT IM GOING TO EXPECT, WHERE CAN I EXPECT MY INCISION TO BE, HOW MUCH FLESH WILL HE REMOVE ETC AND SO ON! SEEMS IMPORTANT TO ME. IM FEELING SOMEKIND OF WAY RIGHT NOW. MY MOOD HAS SHIFTED, IM AN ARIES, A PREPARER , I AM A DOOMSDAY PREPER FOR CHRIST SAKES! DO YOU FEEL ME? MY CHAKRAS ARE OUT OF WACK! AM I OVER REACTING? PERHAPS. IM GOING IN AT MY SET TIME, 9AM AND FEEL IT OUT! IM NOT FEELING IT RIGHT NOW!

ITS DONE!

SO I HAD A VERY GOOD VISIT WITH DR HUGHES TODAY, I GOT THE INFORMATION I NEEDED FROM HIM. I APOLOGIZED TO HEIDI FOR BEING RUDE YESTERDAY. IM DOING THE RIGHT THING AND IM HAPPY WITH MY DECISION. MY TT IS PAYED IN FULL AND IM COUNTING DOWN THE THE DAYS! IM READY LIKE FREDDY!

lab test

so i was notified by my personal dr that my labs came back, my triglyceride is 596 which is borderline diabetic and also at risk of pancreatis. OMG, im so upset. ive lost weight and have been watching my diet. WTF? i am going to ask to do it again, maybe i ate something the night before, maybe i ate something the morning of. i dont even know! i've cut back my drinking , i cant think of what else to do. he prescribed Fenofibarte to manage my Triglycerides. Now im worried how this will effect my upcoming surgery? and its a saturday, who emails patients on a saturday? this will be a long weekend! any advice ladies before i go crazy all weekend!?

Weigh loss

It's coming along, I'm borderline between a sz 12 and 10, I weigh between 180 and 185 depends on the day, but I'm very toned and have converted fat too muscle and my tryglycerides are better with medication , I have sustained from smoking going on 3 wks, I cheated once 3 wks ago so the weeks before that don't count. Ok! Countdown time! Gn

down too the wire

I have done the impossible and made it possible, I need too spend the next few days relaxing and strengthen myself mentally, I am fit, and as prepared physically as I can be, its just my brain going too fast. Im cool, its going to be ok, but I have a few distraction s , ill discuss tomorrow. I think sleep is what I need right now. I wont allow anything too inturupt my plans!;)

counting down!

so tuesday is the big day. thank god i got my period this week and its almost over! i didnt need one more thing to worry about. so my period and my anxiety have caused me to eat like a pig the last few days. but i guess that's fine what the heck. i hurt my knee this sunday playing beach volleyball and chasing my grandkids! it was so much fun until monday when i awoke to cantalope size knee! bad knees from old breakdancing days! so i been slow all week. well kind of, i painted my living room by myself! high ceilings too boot! and cleaned everything that is not nailed down! i mean big time! so my poor knee is just now getting better, so much to do and i couldnt allow that to stop me! so tonight last minute lil things. i work tomorrow and have a weekend full of chores regarding my sisters wedding. guess who the bridal shower planner is, me! how will i ever get it done by october 11, God please let me be the lucky one who heals like a super hero and gets right back on her feet! so my resting time will be sunday night and monday all day. i plan to get a nice hotel room by the beach and relax with my daughters, they have homework and we all can use a staycation! (there in college). sit by the pool, take a swim, get a massage, eat fruit all day and prepare mentally for the train wreck ahead! im so thankful for my bff, i swear i feel like she thinks its her who is going in under the knife! she is soo funny, she's like omg! it's already 72hrs, 32mins and 16 sec before our surgery! lol! yes Diane, its almost time for our surgery! lol! my daughters are so excited, they already call themselves the kardashians and flaunt there pictures of us, they look forward to aging like there mom, there so sweet. much prettier than me, but im flattered that they view me in that light. My #1 goal by doing this is to remove the loose skin and not to ever have to wear a girdle again to keep my gut from sticking out! next procedure perhaps next year, bbl. i have the butt of an 8 yr old! its cute , but not sexy at all. it's ok, but how fun it would be to turn a neck or two! that never happens! well not for my ass anyway! i can dream cant i? and when i dream , my dreams usually come true! oh yes, food shopping sunday afternoon.

change of plans

So it turns out dr hughes wont be doing my tt, dr david is, who is dr david, Boris Cosmetics? They assured me hes just as good. And included lipo to flanks as an olive branch. So tuesday is my date. Im as ready as I can be.

this is it!

Im not scared and im ready spent the week end with my daughters. See you all on the flatside! Lets do this!

Im on the flat side !!!

I did it! It's done! My BFF, my 3 kids all there too pick me up, 3 cars, my whole family walked me in my house ! I am so blessed, they love me to death. And happy for me and treating me like a newborn baby ! My honey is at work, we will see his reaction when he gets home! He's very nervous , but he's a man of few words.

wowza!

Day 2

My stomach is wide awake! Pain is between a 6-7, I been drinking protien shakes , coconut water, I feel a BM coming on, it's been easy getting to the bathroom with help of my daughter and walker! Lol! My dude has been not very helpful , let's see how long that last .

constipation

It hurts the worst!

My incision

Went in too see Olga, she showed me and my daughter how too change my bandages , and put my binder back on. I feel so great today, she teased me for using my walker, when worn properly my binder makes walking upright much easier! Looking good!

Day 5

Still a bit hunched over

Sunday sept 7 th

Disappearing booty!

So , I know I don't have the biggest butt, but! The handful I had ran away! Lol!!! Wtf! Literally got my tail tucked in! Lol!! No please! Don't lie! Where did my lil booty go? I hope it comes back soon!!!;)

day 8

Walking almost straight this morning. Thank you God for your gifts! Isn't it amazing how our bodies can heal so rapidly? ! I am in awe at my body and what it can do! I am so humble right now and I am thankful for my family and friends who gave been at my side and supported my decision to have
this procedure. My live in boyfriend on the other hand is showing his true colors. Hes being a hater, and hasn't lifted a finger. We been living together for a year and together for 4. Jelouos is an understatement! This is the worst time in the world to be breaking up with someone, but it
Got ugly. Im trying to stay positive, I may get a room at the beach for the next week. This is awful.

Day 9

Starting to see a curve!

Day 10

Feeling real good today, this drain does hurt a bit, coming out tomorrow hopefully. I can fit my goal pants I've owned for 15 years, when they don't fit I consider myself fat!;)

Drains

So my check up went very well, drains still in but thats cool whatever it takes to heal properly. So I found out the dr did my lipo through my open incision site where he did the TT. Less bruising, no extra cuts. Flanks and pubic area, I love my result s. Also reminded to consume 120 grams of protein for optimum healing. Cut can reopen upto 8 wks! Scary! So no cutting corners on that!

Day 14

Back at work!;(

3wk update

Lump on upper abdomen

Has anyone seem this before, not fluid . Very sore?

4 weeks

Lump is getting smaller

Busted a stitch !;(

I was mopping my kitchen floor and had to go back in while it was still wet. Bad idea. I fell very hard and my bb started to bleed. Terrible pain and set back. I'm doing a bridal shower this weekend how will I ever manage?

6 weeks

I'm happy to report that I can work out now taking it slow

Workout first time

It went pretty well, feels good!

10-28

Try this again

Wow! I'm starting to see some major changes!

3 month update

Hello fellow TT, i am so glad i did this for myself. It has truly changed my life. Besides the fact that i love my new flat stomach i feel so free and confident beauty is a state of mind as well and mentally i feel beautiful and i look forward to so many things i havent done in years. I love fashion and it has freed me from my limitations that i had in the past. I am really showing out! So the swelling and tightness still persist, but not as much. my weight varios from day to day and meal to meal. I've decided to take the approach of when my body tells me its ok to go rambo on the work outs thats when i will. I feel almost 100%, and some days i feel super slim and other days like before my period i feel big as a house and i remind myself that i always felt that way before my period and that hasnt changed too much. i am considering a arm lift with lipo to my bra roll. But first i will take up boxing and really focus on my weight training and diet. I think i can make the minor adjustment on my own if my skin cooperates i should be looking great by march 2015! My goal is to look vibrant and youthful at 45 and look as young as i feel on the inside! im posting a few pics of myself and my daughters, they are so motivated by my change that they have devoted alot of time on there health and work out daily now! it's never too early or too late i always say! Keep up the good work ladies and continue to love and treat yourself good! you deserve it!

january 2015

i cant believe even though i ate all the food i wanted i still lost a size! my goodness, i went to target to try on a sz 8 for the hell of it! they fit! i tried on several different styles and cuts! they still fit! omg! i was a size 14 and now im an 8! holy moly! and gained 6 lbs! wtf! im as confused as you are! but it's not the weight it's the body tone and tt! i love it!

Omg

It's been almost 6 months and I look and feel amazing !

7 months

Well things have been great

phase 2 lipo

i'm going to finish with some lip of my abs, flanks again, bra roll and armpits!

Tattoo cover up

Phase 1 of my scar cover up
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I love Dr Boris cosmetics, Dr David Glick is an Artist! i highly recommend!