IPL Sun Spots on Hands

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

My hands are definitely reflecting how much time...

My hands are definitely reflecting how much time they've been in the sun these past 48 years. Ugh I have been wishing I could hide them. Fortunately Dr. Anusha has come to the rescue. I have had just one treatment so far, on Wednesday November 9th. They iced the areas where they would be directing the laser. It maybe hurt a little??? It really was not painful and didn't hurt at all afterwards either.
As they described, my spots became darker over the course of a few days and sort of scabbed over. I have been religiously wearing sunblock and also bought some cheap white cotton gloves at CVS that I sometimes wear when driving or walking my dog. I cut out the finger tips.
It's been a week and I still have some light scabbing. I will update as the scabs heal.

9 days post IPL

Day 12 - hands look much better!

Dr. Anusha Dahanayake

Anusha Dahanayake is a nurse practitioner at Skin Specifics. She has two locations in the greater Los Angeles area. I love Anusha! On an aquaintance's recommendation, I started going to her a few years ago for Botox and have always been happy with the results. If I had the funds, I would definitely have her do fillers on me - I would trust her to do that. I have seen her work and she never makes people look weird, as many with fillers look. She has good taste, a perfectionist's eye and just the right touch. I also love Teresa, who answers calls and responds to emails at all hours of the day. These women rock.