Silicone Injection Removal - Los Angeles, CA

So my story started in 2009. I made the mistake of...

So my story started in 2009. I made the mistake of getting silicone injections twice within a few months. Not too sure how many cc's I have in there, but my butt wasn't big. I've obsessed over this for 7 years, going through periods where I would go to consultations seeking removal and researching all day and night, to periods where I just told myself I would wait until something more serious happened that required removal. Doctors would often tell me to leave it alone if it's not causing me serious issues, but this answer was never good enough for me. Every time I had inexplicable symptoms, I would fear that it was the shots. Now that I am older and wiser and a mom, I knew I had to do something about it. It seemed as though things just fell into place. As I researched, I knew I wasn't ready to travel from CA to the east coast and recover there. Not to mention the costs. I've read a lot about Dr. Mir and always heard great things. Women with my issue had high praises for him.

The last year, I seemed to have progressive symptoms. The back and butt pain when sitting too long, chest pains, anxiety, acid reflux, headaches when working out, extreme sensitivity in the area, and for the first time my skin started turning purple when sitting in the sun. I met another girl who was coincidentally from the same city and was also seeking removal with Dr. Mir in CA. I kept in touch with her and spoke to Dr. Mir a couple of times. I planned to meet him when he came out to CA to perform his first surgery out here. As the date came closer, I decided I just really wanted to get it over with because my symptoms weren't getting any better.

Fast forward to Monday, I met Dr. Mir for the first time and we both agreed that I was ready for the surgery. I was prepared. I made my way to the hospital and checked myself in. That in itself was an experience. This was Dr. Mir's first time performing the surgery out here, so it was a new process for us all. I got all the testing done pretty quickly that day and spent Tuesday just sitting around in anticipation. Luckily, they were able to get me and my friend in the same room. So Wednesday comes around. I was going to be second surgery. That was the most nerve wracking day. But as soon as I knew it, I woke up in recovery. That night the pain wasn't horrible. I think that was partially due to the anesthesia still wearing off. The following two days were pretty painful, but I do have a pain pump that I can press every few minutes, and I have def been using it.

Oh one thing, I heard that I had a lot in my back and love handles. Kinda surprising - but yay for removing some if my love handles! I'm not ready to look at the pictures yet, but I'm sure it'll be interesting when I do.

So here I am, waiting for my second surgery tomorrow morning. Keep me in your prayers!

Almost 3 months post op

It's been almost 3 months since my surgery and I'm pretty much back to normal. Unfortunately I still have some pain when sitting and my feet get numb/tingly, I think it's related to the shots. Hoping it goes away. My butt is not completely flat but it's a little lumpy still, not terrible. I had the drains in for about 3 weeks I believe. The recovery was very difficult, but maybe not as bad as I expected. I was up and moving pretty quickly. Can't wait to see what's next for me!
Tansar Naveen Mir

Dr. Mir is very knowledgable and confident. He has been reassuring and informative every step of the way.