42 Yr Old, with a need of a Bridge, Defined Tip, and Decrease in Nostril Flare - Los Angeles, CA

I have wanted a rhinoplasty since the age of 21...

I have wanted a rhinoplasty since the age of 21 but was too afraid to make any adjustments to my face. I just did not want to have any regrets and at that age I was in nursing school trying to survive. I had my Rhino on 1/15/16 by Dr. Hughes (LA Cali) and I'm excited to get my cast off tomorrow (POD 6). Dr. Hughes is pretty awesome!! Wish me luck because right now I'm very nervous. I can tell my nose is much smaller with a bridge & a more defined tip and I am hoping I can get use to it. I already went through my depressed "what or why" stage POD 1 - 3. I'm a very transparent person and do not mind if someone notices I had a nose job. I will try & post pics as the healing process continues which I hear is over 6 months to a year (Wow!!). This means no ones knows the ending results and all I can do is be optimistic. Yes that's the goal, positive energy. I'm ready to see myself without my cast today (it's 1am now).

Update after Cast Removal

I was very excited to get my cast off today. Now I'm trying to adjust. I'm so use to my nose taking away from all my other features because it so easily dominated. I can thank dad for that. I did not know my eyes were as large as they are (not sure if it's a good change) or that my lips were so tiny (no worries I have not thought about enlarging them yet lol). Glad I'm off work for 4 weeks because this is a drastic change not subtle like I was hoping. My doctor respected all of my wishes & this is the outcome. However it is still healing & will take time. Let's see how this goes together. Thanks for joining me on my adventure.

Drastic Change & Trying to adjust to the new me

More angles after cast removal. This is POD # 6

Upper & Lower Eye Lid Changes

Maybe the lower eye issue is due to the upper & lower blepharoplasty I had 1/6/2014. So now what should I do?

Update POD 11

Most of the external sutures removed today during my appt. with Dr. Hughes. He will remove the remainder next Tues. it drives me crazy that I can't really dig in my nose the way I want. Dr. Hughes said I must behave until he removes all sutures. I thought gr8, I have to run around with a yulky nose. I'm still adapting slowly to my change.

2 weeks post op

It's constantly changing & Im just not use to it yet. I think it looks very different in person vs pictures.

More 2 weeks Pics -different angles

Trying to adjust but it seems to keep changing. It looks more square for some reason to me.

More Pics front view as requested

Hope this helps see what I see

During Surgery Pics

I'm worried I'm developing a bulbous tip but do not see it in my surgery pics. These pics are just b4 placing cast

What they call nice tips

See online pics I saw

Update 2 months & 2 weeks

I'm happy with my results although I still have this weird double bump appearance in the center
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hughes is so awesome. He is very knowledgable & professional. He allowed me to make multiple office visits to discuss my rhino plans and discuss different options. Dr. Hughes also viewed multiple pics with me that I brought in of celebs & others who had rhino surgeries. He explained what type of procedures & grafting that was involved with each pic. I was so grateful for his time. He is open & honest about what will work for your body type or based on your face structure. Dr. Hughes & his team have excellent customer service skills & both took the time to call me POD #1 to check on me. You can totally respect his level of expertise because he is definitely distinctive from all the other surgeons and you can tell just by having a consultation. On top of this he has an awesome sense of humor. Shot out to Dr. Hughes & his staff at his Beverly Hills office!!