Adult Hormonal Jawline Acne & Acne Scars Resolved with Microneedling Facial! - Los Angeles, CA

I have been suffering from hormonal acne since age...

I have been suffering from hormonal acne since age 21. My breakouts had gotten progressively worse over the last 3 years, and recently began to spread from my jawline to my chin and cheeks. Messing with blemishes often left dark marks that lasted weeks to months. In the past I had tried peels, microdermabrasion, facials, birth control, and prescription creams in congruence with a high-maintenance and pricey 5-step, twice-a-day skincare routine. Previously, nothing succeeded at both reducing scarring and preventing future breakouts, so I sought out Dr. Karimi on the recommendation of a friend.

Essentially, microneedling is a procedure that induces collagen production to generate a new layer of skin. The whole procedure is painless and takes less than an hour, with the actual microneedling taking about 10-15 minutes. Dr. Karimi applied a serum containing growth factor and vitamins immediately after the microneedling, when the skin's absorption is increased by 90%. As for recovery, there was redness for a couple of days which I covered up easily with tinted moisturizer.

So far, this is the only treatment that not only cleared up my acne scars from previous breakouts, but also kept my hormonal breakouts at bay. I've paid comparable prices for high-end facials that helped but ultimately did not bring long-term results the way that this procedure did. Even though I saw immediate and long-lasting results, I still went back for a second treatment four months later because I wanted to maintain that "glow" and prevent future breakouts. My plan is to go every six months from now on, and I couldn't be happier with the results!
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Even with a glowing recommendation from a friend, I was still so pleasantly surprised by how down-to-earth, professional, and kind Dr. Karimi was from start to finish. He gave me undivided attention and thoroughly explained all of my options in order to help me choose a treatment that met my personal needs. I asked a lot of questions throughout the procedure and he patiently walked me through every step, encouraging me to follow up with him if I had any concerns. Dr. Karimi truly has one of the best bedside manners I have ever encountered amongst any doctor or aesthetic professional. Moreover, I was impressed that the prices were so reasonable, especially considering that it was the doctor performing the procedure himself.