tummy tuck with vaser liposuction - Long Island, NY

So after 3 pregnancies, and a 40 lb weight gain respectively...

I was left with a stretch mark covered "mommy pooch". after researching doctors, procedures, scars, recovery and the dangers of plastic surgery, i decided to make an appointment with dr. mark epstein. as a manhattanite, i have a multitude of plastic surgeons in my own backyard. why i chose to drive 90 minutes to dr. epstein's office is simple...he's the best!

making my initial consultation appointment, and those thereafter, was simple. upon entering dr. epstein's practice i was warmly greeted by his lovely staff. after a very short wait, my husband and i were taken into one of the exam rooms where i was given a new robe and asked a few basic health questions by one of the nurses. my immediate impression of dr. epstein was that he was an authentic gentleman who loves what he does. he answered all of my questions, took his time explaining various options, made suggestions and showed me digital images of what my results could be. ultimately, i decided to do a full tummy tuck with vaser liposuction. i left the office knowing i was in educated, board certified, experienced hands. there wasn't a doubt in my mind that my health and wellbeing were not top priority.

prior to surgery you will be required to go for blood work and fill your prescriptions. the night before surgery, my husband and i spent the evening then the following two evenings post surgery in a nearby hotel courtesy of dr. epstein. surgery day, i was prepped by first being given a warm robe, socks and the always flattering surgical cap. the doctor then made his markings. my anesthesiologist explained the process and what i should expect before,during and after. she was extremely comforting. i was then brought to the surgical room where my hand was literally held until i drifted off to sleep.

after surgery i was able to walk in a hunched position and the pain was minimal. one of the incredible nurses, jennifer, left the surgical center with me and was my personal nurse until the following day. she kept track of my every move; from blood pressure and medication to when i ate and slept. having her there gave me a great sense of security. i would describe the 24 hour recovery as sore, sleepy and tight. the pain was manageable however i did need assistance walking as i couldn't stand fully upright. in addition to my planned procedures dr. epstein repaired a hernia discovered during surgery. i rested for a solid week. by week 2 i was back to my usual routine of caring for my 3 children but still careful not to overexert myself. with each passing day i was able to stand more upright. i didn't have excessive swelling and was able to see an immediate difference in the contouring of my abdomen. my scar is low and thinner than i expected.

the only thing that surpasses the talent and professionalism encompassed within dr. epstein's practice is the kindness of the team he has established.

Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Epstein is highly experienced, informed and truly cares about his patients. It is always a pleasure visiting his office for my post op appointments. After only 2 months I am able to see and feel a major difference. I would recommend Dr. Epstein to anyone and everyone. His work is precise and the results reflect his attention to detail.