Silicone (Biopolymer) Removal NY - Long Island, NY

I'm starting a new thread. I am embarking on my...

I'm starting a new thread. I am embarking on my second attempt to have this dreadful material removed from my body. I found Dr Tanovic through another girl on the board. So far, I can say she has qualities that differ from many surgeons...she is compassionate and kind, and explains things without getting frustrated. She seems extremely knowledgeable and I saw anonymous pics on her phone of silicone taken out in the OR. The fact that she seems humble and doesn't promote herself or talk badly about other surgeons is very important to me. I'm very hopeful and feel confident I'm making the right decision...right now I'm waiting to see her. Praying for a surgery date that is soon! I'll keep you ladies posted

One day post op silicone removal

Well, it is an understatement to say that Dr Rios left me full of this stuff. If you read my last review, then you already know what he took out of my body. You have seen the pictures. Now I'm going to post some pictures of what Dr. Tanovic took out of my body last night in a surgery that lasted 5 1/2 hours. It's very graphic. Please beware. Although my body is disfigured right now, some of it will even out with time and it's a small price to pay for getting this garbage out of me! In the pictures, and you can see where she cuts into my tissue and it's all white underneath. She said it was all very hard, my body encapsulated the product. Very little silicone was actually in there. She said the OR was filled with a strange smell like sweet rubber, I don't even know what the heck I was injected with :(

Graphic photos

Thanks to Dr Tanovic, I'm healthy again!!!

I'm feeling very grateful. Second surgery was today, 3 hrs...the dr did more removal, debridement/!a "wash out" to get rid of the film that was left over after removal. I'm in shock that this stuff is no longer part of my body. Wow...it's been years. Thank u God, thank u Dr T. :)
I will post more but I just got transferred to the surgical unit and am exhausted. As luck would have it, my period came yesterday (6 days early ugh) but it's fine. One less thing to deal w nxt week at home.
The dr said I am draining very well which means not a lot of stuff in the space between tissue (which would have prevented successful reconstruction) so that's great news! By the new year I should be good as new. Xoxo

One week post-op. So grateful to be in the US this time!!!

Hey ladies...I didn't want to post many pictures this time around, but I know that is what you all look for (I did the same) so I will do so later on today. You can also PM me for pics.
My hips are deformed but I am otherwise really happy with the outcome.
(My hips HAD to be deformed, if you saw the pics of what was removed from them.) It's temporary, the dr will be starting my first reconstruction as soon as the tissue is sealed enough inside (she said as early as 8 weeks, so we'll see! I'm hoping before Thanksgiving). I know the reconstruction has to be done in steps, to layer the fat back in.
It's been hard to sleep, with the drains and the tight compression garments. I go back and forth between four different garments. Other than that, I feel great. I am sitting on my butt easily, which she said is good to do for more compression to the area. I'm a little stiff at times, but still just trying to take it easy. I saw the incisions the other day at my first post-op...not bad!!!! Thank God.
I just want to say that being here in the US close to home has made all the difference this time. I would not recommend going oversees to anyone. This recovery is way easier because I have my family and friends, and everyone speaks English to me.

Some pictures of the incisions

Hey ladies. I'm posting these pictures even though I don't want to. I know a lot of you are interested in where the doctor cut me, so I want to show you. There is a squiggly mark in the middle of my butt cheek, the doctor explained that this was where I had some of the product embedded in my skin and she had to make a tiny cut to pull it out. She said these will all heal very nicely and this doctor also specializes in scar revision. I am also showing you how my hip is concave. The other one is also, but I am just showing one for example. I know this will easily be fixed during the reconstruction. Overall it's not too bad! Really, I think the ugliest part of this is the incision that Dr Rios made. Up my butt crack and it did not heal really good. That's OK, Dr Tanovic will fix that for me too! She also corrected that deformity that dr Rios left -remember that lump where the scar tissue was pulling inside on my left butt cheek? It's not there anymore :)

Consults are not free anymore, ladies

I am so sorry, the office initially told me that my friends would be given a free consult because they had started charging a while back. But I guess the doctor spending a lot of time with each person, and then a lot of people wind up not having surgery. I know it's frustrating, but when it comes down to it, this is still a business even though the doctor has a very good heart. For anyone who really needs or wants to go, please don't let this stop you from making an appointment. There is a consult fee for almost every doctor, at least with Dr Tanovic, she will take her time with you, examine you and really educate you about the options. I know this is hard and we all have a financial struggle :/

Compression

Hi all...
Just want to update all of you on the importance of compression after the surgery. I was wearing Spanx, then graduated to a tighter Colombian faja...but it was the kind that has LIGHTER compression over the buttcheeks (really emphasizes your assets, you know?) I didn't realize it was not providing tight enough compression. Last week I switched to this other garment by Underworks, its the padded butt and hip compression shorts, about $45. I'll tell you this...I have some serious thighs, and it squeezes me tight like a sausage on the legs. It's not comfortable but I've been sleeping in it and everything. I also started sleeping on my back and sitting a LOT, which I should have been doing this whole time. This is like the reverse of BBL lol

getting confused and frustrated

First off...please don't tell me "stay positive" in response to this update...I am trying very hard. I like to think this is where I can vent, and am allowed to be upset sometimes. I also am getting my period gain any minute, which makes it even harder not to cry right now....

Every time I go for a follow up, the Dr tells me I am allowed to walk, and do light activity, just not to "overdo it." I have been following these orders. I do walk around my house, sometimes I go to a friend's house or a store but I don't do much! I am in the house 90% of every day. I don't lift anything heavy. I have my groceries delivered, I hired someone to clean for me every few weeks. Yet today I am told today by the office that I'm still draining so much because there is still that "dead space" which is not healing bc I'm doing too much. I was told to have my mother wait on me hand and foot. This just isn't realistic. Let's be serious...do you call someone to come drive over and put the laundry in the dryer? Or to get up and charge your phone? Or to make your coffee? I mean, activity is REQUIRED to live! I don't have a cook, or an assistant. I'm thinking, this is not what's wrong....I must still have more silicone that's creating this dead space. I honestly DON'T think it's my activity that is the problem. I'm getting really sick of all this. It is really hard to keep my head up today.
I guess the point of me writing this is to say, unless you have a cook, maid, and personal assistant to wait on you hand and foot...maybe think twice. Because I was under the impression I would be able to take care of myself but apparently that's causing issues...? Please, did anyone else have this experience? I'm close to giving up right now. I can't think that after 3 weeks of recovery, I have to stat over. I can't take much more!

More surgery

Hi gals..I am keeping this short bc I'm in the hospital bed and don't much feel like writing. I'm back in the hospital, had another 5 hour surgery on Tuesday. I'm grateful the dr is very thorough, but of course I'm sad to be starting back at this point. She removed a lot more...muscle, tissue and fat. Definitely hurts. The doctor said the drains were auctioning more of this stuff to the surface like a vacuum. When she opened me a whole new batch of stuff was right under the skin again. She said she sprinkled Acell powder on my tissue inside to help seal it and also to start stimulating new growth of tissue and fat. She also did a bit of a lift and cut out the old incisions to leave new ones. I can't see anything yet bc I'm all bandaged.
Ladies I hope and pray this doesn't happen again....I cannot wait to heal and have reconstruction and start getting on with my life!
New Hyde Park Plastic Surgeon