Finally Got my Wish - Lone Tree, CO

I've always hated my nose. My schnoz is inherited...

I've always hated my nose. My schnoz is inherited from my father's side of the family, and I've been aware that it is too big for my face since about age 12. My family and friends used to tell me "there's nothing wrong with your nose" or "you'll grow into it". I'd roll my eyes and think well its not on YOUR face now is it... When I was 19 I broke it, so now not only was it too large for my face, it was crooked as well. I kept thinking, I can deal I can deal I can deal, beauty is not only skin deep, rhinoplasty is so expensive and scary... and it seems so unattainable. But when I turned 25 something clicked. My nose was still bothering me, EVERY, SINGLE, TIME I looked in the mirror, and I just thought ya know what? Everyone was wrong! I'm an adult now, and I still hate my nose. I haven't grown into it, and I'll never be happy with it as is. Bottom line- life is too short to be unhappy every single time you look in the mirror, and nothing anyone else says will ever change that. My mom may have thought my nose was just fine... but this nose is not on my mom's face, or my sister's, or my best friend's, it's on mine- and I have the power to make myself happier if I change some things about it. So I went for it =) And I'm really glad I listened to ME. Because it was my happiness on the line. If you do your research (thank goodness for this website) and you're very careful choosing your surgeon, and you're very clear about what you want with your PS, I believe there's no going wrong with rhinoplasty.

Adding two pictures from before

This was the afternoon I got home from surgery

Day after surgery

As you can see my bruising is minimal. I took arnica for 5 days pre-op, and drank lots of pineapple juice for the bromelain it contains. I also cut my sodium down to less than 1000mg a day so I wouldn't retain water. I think these things helped A LOT. The swelling/ bruising in this picture was as bad as it ever got, I've seen pictures of other people where their eyes are swollen almost shut and they look like they have two black eyes. I think the dietary changes were well worth it!

Two days after surgery

Absolutely HATING not being able to breathe through my nose. Waking up with a painfully dry mouth every few hours. Not being able to taste anything. Running out of breath while I'm eating. SO ANNOYING! Still no pain though. Well, maybe the tiniest bit. Staying on top of my meds, writing down what I took and when helps a lot. Bruising is super minimal, my eyes aren't even swollen.

Day 5, splint off!!

A word of warning- do not be alarmed if your nose doesn't look cute fresh out of the splint. I wasn't ready for my reflection when Dr Weber handed me the mirror- I looked like an Avatar! My nose was so swollen there was very little definition, and the tip look puffy and large. He asked me what I thought and all I could say was "wowwww"... haha. Then I got home from the office and had a chance to examine it in the mirror and decided that yes, it looks VERY different to me, but the hump was gone, it was straight, and it was much smaller from a profile view, so it was exactly what I wanted (or it will be, when the swelling goes down).

Feeling really cute!

Finally able to put makeup on! My nose was pretty sore for about the first 2 weeks. Week 3 I could stand putting on foundation etc, but it was still uncomfortable. I'm 5 weeks healed, this is what it looks like... yay!!!
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Stephen Weber was the first and only surgeon I interviewed. This is saying a lot, because I was prepared to schedule consults with surgeons from one corner of the state to the other. When I want something I am very thorough. And this is such a large chunk of money and has such a large impact on my life that I was ready to be VERY picky, as you can imagine. Dr Weber was so knowledgeable, so well spoken, double board certified, and just all around a very nice guy. He did not rush me during the consultation, answered all my questions and some I had not even thought to ask, and when it came time to do the imaging portion, he created my dream nose on the screen without me having to make any recommendations at all! I could tell right then that we were on the same page. Dr Weber makes me feel so calm, which to me is just as important as the results, because surgery is a journey and can sometimes be nerve racking. His SA Camille is an angel too- very thorough, very caring, and always available to answer questions (I can't tell you how many emails I sent her!). This whole practice is phenomenal, and so I looked no further. If rhinoplasty is what you're interested in, Dr Weber is your man.