Successful Thyroid Eye Disease Treatment. London, GB

I developed Thyroid Eye Disease last year and was...

I developed Thyroid Eye Disease last year and was shocked by how it affected my appearance. It affected me quite deeply resulting in depression for which I also needed some help at the time. My eyes expanded and became glaring, rarely blinking and blinking and become very conscious about how people were seeing me. This was a real source of me feeling down much of the time. I was then recommended Mr Malhotra by two of three Consultants I was seeking treatment and it has been a wonderful and life-changing thing for me.

I recall being very nervous prior to the first consultation but felt so much better after the consultations. Indeed, it helped with the other issues I was facing because at least I could see light at the end of the tunnel. Mr Malhotra was calming and very comforting and showed me his recommended way forward - which I went along with as his recommended surgery. I received orbital decompression surgery for each eye followed by corrective surgery. Mr Malhotra and his team were great throughout it went quite smoothly which surprised me as that was not the impression I was getting when the condition was originally developing. I do not look like somebody who has had a condition before and feel no stigma - those ever so dark days are well and truly behind me. I do not even recall writing him a thank you letter and so I am happy to share this story of my journey if it can help anybody else who was is suffering the depths of despair I was experiencing.
London Oculoplastic Surgeon

I am so grateful to the consultant and importantly his team.