Chin reduction, Mandibular jaw angle reduction, Platysmal plication and Rhinoplasty by Chris Inglefield - London, GB

After many years living with a substandard result...

After many years living with a substandard result from my previous rhinoplasty. I had spent many years researching and consulting with numerous Plastic surgeons who specialised in revision feminizing rhinoplasty from Thailand , USA, Korea, France, Spain and lastly the UK. I was very specific and wanted a Classic retroussé nose. Which is universally regarded as classically very elegant and extremely beautiful.

After my previous bad Facial feminisation result I needed an extremely talented. Surgically brilliant well regarded Max reconstructive plastic surgeon.
I narrowed the expert down to Chris Inglefield who has very extensive experience in Facial feminisation surgery. He firstly requires prospective patients to have pre operative surgical scans and facial mapping.

Which is a very scientific and an extremely helpful tool for planing your facial features mask to within an accuracy of 0.25 mm, to meet the social markers of which gender you feel is your most authentic. Beautiful features of either gender are a scientific mathematical equation "The golden ratio".

I found this to be extremely helpful in the planning and conveying my expected surgical outcome. This is done by the Cosmetic Imaging Studio who are independent and only provide its services to Consultant Aesthetic, Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and Aesthetic Physicians, who have referred their patients to us as part of the consultation. These Consultant Physicians are members of BAAPS, BAPRAS, and GMC registered.

I discussed the proposed surgical plan with Mr Inglefield on many pre operative consultations. He is an extremely intelligent and is highly regarded within his peers in the medical community however I did not find him intimidating or condescending, as I sadly often have found with previous so called expert surgeons. He has a very warm and kindly way that put me at total ease. I am not the most easy of patients to deal with, I have extremely high standards in every area of my life and I expect the same from any other professional who's services I utilise. I am also very litigious which Mr Inglefield was fully aware of as I find that it really tells you a lot about there capabilities as a surgeon.

Mr Inglefield surgical practice is a centre of excellence . It is a town house in London's world renowned prestigious private medical district of Harley Street.

Please be aware that this surgery is extremely expensive and Mr Inglefield's fees are reassuringly expensive. I sadly regret that I had not meet Mr Inglefield earlier as I would not have had to learn the hard way.

Please if you are considering this highly specialised surgical intervention do your homework and check your surgeons credentials .

Revision surgery is not much fun it is very costly, emotionally, physical down time and lastly financially.

If you are going to do it do it right first time !

Cast off at day 7

I had my plaster cast off today and the sutures removed . I am loving my new nose ! The profile is great the supra tip notch is perfect. My tip angle rotation is a perfect feminine 106 degrees, alar retraction and asymmetry corrected.

Had my MLD massage to dissipate the swelling which is really relaxing. Then the nurse placed a thermoplastic cast on which has to be kept on the nose for 7 more days and nights. As this is a revision it helps the skin to retract to the newly revised underlying structures and most importantly keep the swelling down.

I also continue to take Serrapeptase 250,000 IU slow release post surgical supplement 3 times a day 30 minutes before food. Serrapeptase really is effective at dissipating and removing excessive scar tissue and swelling. which really is beneficial for all post surgical issues and expedite healing by 75%. In clinical studies, Serrapeptase has been shown to reduce post surgical pain oedema and excessive scar tissue formation.

Intra operative images please be warned they are of a surgical nature

Some more images of my recovery

Please be aware that the recovery from facial gender confirming surgery looks far worse than any pain I was feeling. it not a walk in the park but it is uncomfortable

Update

Just had my last MLD last Wednesday and had images taken as you can see I am still swollen and the bruising is dissipating. Sorry for not updating sooner as I have been feeling poorly and under the weather. So far I am liking my new 'Diamond' nose its wont be to most peoples taste, however its my preference. I have to tape my nose for 6 weeks and wear the thermoplastic cast at night until I see my surgeon again then he will advise me.

It's a very long road to recovery after revision Rhinoplasty !

Well, it's nearly 4 Months post op from a revision reconstructive rhinoplasty combined with jaw and chin revision. It has been a very challenging recovering from these procedures. Chris Inglefield has been very honest and reassuring from the outset

I was administered a steroid injection into the columella to assist in the dissipation of the localised oedema whilst ensuring a reduction in excessive scar tissue. I am still taping my nose to reduce the fluctuating swelling that often happens with this type of surgery.
Don't let anyone tell you that recovery from any revision reconstructive surgery is emotionally easy for the patient because it is not !
Don't compare your stage of healing with anyone else's as all revisions are highly individual and dependant on what has surgically been done plus we all heal at different rates.
It is a very long process due to the fact that ones anatomy has been surgically modulated, utilising cartilage grafts to reconstruct what has been removed by another surgeon.
Primary Rhinoplasty is a challenging surgical procedure to begin with and revision rhinoplasty is one of the most notoriously difficult surgical procedures that a plastic surgeon ever encounters. This procedure really should be attempted only by very competent surgeons who have many years of experience in revision and reconstructive rhinoplasty.

At this stage in my recovery I am pleased with the result so far. I shall share more images after I am 6 months post op.

Right now all i need is the tincture of time to do its thing,combined with some hard core patience which i can tell you is a bore.

My new Profile

I took an image this morning to see my progress and this is it, I am liking it so far still have to tape the nose at night which is a bore however it's got to be done to reduce swelling which can lead to irregular scar tissue formation and sub optimal contour deformities.

I discussed the proposed surgical plan with Mr Inglefield on many pre operative consultations to fine tune his surgical plan with me. He explained everything in great detail including the after care protocols. Mr Inglefield is an extremely competent, intelligent and is highly respected surgeon with his peers in the medical community and has many published medical papers in facial feminisation surgery, which as a patient I found very reassuring. However I did not find him in anyway intimidating or condescending, as I sadly so often have found with previous so called expert surgeons. Who spend most of the consultation telling you what the previous surgeon did or did not do correctly, Then they go on to tell you how good they are and promise to make you beautiful, which I personally find very insulting. Mr Chris Inglefield has a very warm and kindly way that put me at total ease. I am not one of the most easy of patients to deal with, considering my past. I have extremely high standards in every area of my life and I expect the same from any other professional who's services I utilise. I am also very litigious which Mr Inglefield was fully aware of. I found it very reassuring that he accepted me as a patient, and could fix the issues, after all he is really fixing somebody else's mess. This fact really tells you a lot about the integrity and capabilities of a surgeon.