Droopy, Uneven Eyelids and Hollow Cheeks - London, GB

I saw Mrs Shah-Desai about my droopy eyelids and...

I saw Mrs Shah-Desai about my droopy eyelids and hollow cheeks. We agreed on surgery to address the former (blepharoplasty) and Juvederm injections for the latter.

I am extremely careful in choosing a doctor for any kind of procedure and had previously read Mrs Shah-Desai's reviews on realself as well as generally googling her. All of which reassured me that she was a good choice as well as being more reasonably priced than some of the other consultants in London offering similar services.

In fact I contacted two other surgeons before selecting Mrs Shah-Desai. Despite being very highly rated on realself , the responses I received from them did not reassure me. I got the impression that they were running very impersonal operations with a focus on the business side of their work rather than patient care and well-being. I opted for Mrs Shah-Desai based on the far more personable and informative responses I received to my enquiries as well as her excellent feedback from former patients.

The blepharoplasty lasted around an hour and a half. I was awake throughout and reasonably comfortable. Apart from the odd 'sharp scratch' to the eyelid it was painless. Although my eyes were open for much of the time I couldn't see anything that was happening. Mrs Shah-Desai and her nurses spoke to me and were generally reassuring and friendly as she worked. The BeeGees provided the soundtrack.

I had my stitches out today, ten days later. I'm very pleased with the results. I still have some swelling and am looking forward to seeing the final results once it has completely subsided but things are looking very promising at this point.

The Juvederm injections were easy. Although I would recommend not having them done with a hangover. Apparently there is more chance of bruising but, from my point of view, just generally avoiding having needles stuck in my face when feeling a little bit tender would have been sensible. That said, even hungover, it was basically painless and I'm very happy with the results.

Mrs Shah-Desai is a very relaxed and friendly doctor. If you are used to a more stuffy/traditional consultant experience then you might be slightly taken aback by this. However, in my experience, she manages to be both somewhat informal and extremely professional and proficient. I would not hesitate to recommend her and will certainly be seeing her again in the future as the need arises.
London Oculoplastic Surgeon

As above, I would not hesitate in recommending Mrs Shah-Desai.