Endymed PRO 3Deep Not Worth It! London, GB

2 years ago, in my mid-thirties, I began...

2 years ago, in my mid-thirties, I began researching skin tightening treatments as my face was beginning to show signs of sag. I'd had pleasant, yet temporary lifting results from gentle salon radiofrequency treatments and wanted to try something longer-lasting. I was intrigued by Endymed PRO 3Deep, which promised to be a cheaper, less painful, more effective treatment than Thermage, without the risks of fat loss. I was excited to discover it was being unveiled at Sk:n Clinics in London and went along to an open evening with one of their doctors to find out more. Apparently it uses Tripolar rather than Bipolar radiofrequency, which was supposed to be more targeted and therefore safer. A course of 6 treatments was recommended, with results visible after 3 months once new collagen had formed. I signed up for the course and received a 20% discount.

The treatments were mostly fine, just a sensation of warmth with several unpleasantly hot zaps, but there were never any burns, welts, bruises or swelling. Just a little tenderness for a day or two. During the treatments, gel was applied to the skin which was then zapped in sections. The skin had to be heated to (and remain at) 40 degrees C in order to stimulate collagen synthesis.

3 months after the last treatment, I'd had very little lifting/tightening. I went back to the clinic for the final follow-up and complained of my lack of results. The practitioner was surprised, they'd had good results with other patients - she said. The manager kindly offered me 3 further complimentary treatments. Coincidentally, the Endymed machine had been moved to another clinic so I saw a different practitioner. I could tell immediately that her technique was better. Nevertheless, the results were still unsatisfactory for the amount of time and money invested. All in all, I noticed a 20% improvement to the jowl area, whilst the undereyes and eyebrows seemed to respond slightly better, perhaps a 40-50% improvement. This was a very approximate evaluation - I never saw any of the before or after photos at the clinic and just relied on my own observation. Certainly the results were not enough for anyone to notice.

If the treatment had been considerably cheaper this might not have been such a disappointing result, but for the price I paid it just wasn't worth it. Interestingly, Sk:n Clinics don't seem to be offering the treatment any more, so perhaps they felt it didn't live up to expectations either.

I've just had Ultherapy instead, having been advised that ultrasound skin tightening can be effective on those who do not respond to radiofrequency. Updates on that to follow.
Sk:n Clinic

It was 2 years ago, so I don't remember the names of the practitioners. But the first one, whilst pleasant, turned out to be inexperienced. The second was more professional, the treatments were smoother and more comfortable. Perhaps my results would have been marginally better had she performed the entire course.